Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: New to VDSL2. Any Ideas Appreciated.  (Read 6174 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: New to VDSL2. Any Ideas Appreciated.
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2018, 06:08:16 PM »

I can't believe that those reverse traceroute results are at all correct if they're all 0ms.

Our posts crossed.. they confused me too & why I was asking if the last hop was the EU's router, otherwise he has to be based practically next to Docklands.   
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2018, 06:27:30 PM »

The latency of the "reverse" traceroute should be the same as the latency on the TBB BQM surely (which was about 21ms minimum)? It's the same route, starting from the thinkbroadband server, going to Dcm12's router (and back again).

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2018, 10:11:57 PM »

It should, but wanted to see if there was any indication of problematic hops directly between TBB and the EU's router,  being as the problem is between the BQM and his home.  The results of the reverse traceroute should follow the same path as the BQM, which is why I requested the OP do one.
iirc the pingplotter graph was to another location.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Dcm12

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2018, 11:27:58 AM »

Hi so I’m about 5 miles from docklands  ..Br1  what I don’t understand about tracerout why is best
15ms. Higher than worse 1 ms. In my results.
I’m on iPad wireless as changing pc drive so not posting another yet. They do on the whole come back good low ms  which does not match the TB BQM  huge latency  I’m continuing seeing if TB point is issue for my rout doesn’t look to be case .
I have had occasional hops being 220 ms but not many times  inconsistent sometimes the tracerout like the last 2  only show 1 hop ? Suppose that means could of been router firewall stoping it
new BQM TB LOOK AT THE CHANGE.from Friday 13th  If you had looked at my earlier BQMS very different results.  THIS IS NOT MASONIC ? Is it  :-X
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/d00e09dc1912480f2a293a59d4a52b9eabfec69e
Pages: 1 2 [3]