Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Etchingham Kent  (Read 1468 times)

feliscatusx2

• Reg Member
Etchingham Kent
« on: April 11, 2018, 04:54:41 PM »

Not logged in for ages but I'm now back (with a broken leg)

Does anybody know why the vlllage of Etchingham has suddenly appeared on the BBC Newsroom SE weather maps?

Only curious because it seems a place of little significance

Nice to see some of the old faces are still around, and regards to the Kitzy cats
Some people are like slinkies: they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Etchingham Kent
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 06:28:23 PM »

Not logged in for ages but I'm now back (with a broken leg)

Ouch! Nearside or offside?
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 06:32:42 PM »

Nice to hear from you again (and sorry about the broken leg) but I'm afraid your geography is a bit lacking. :) Etchingham is in East Sussex.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 08:22:58 PM »

Hi Felis, sorry to hear about your broken limb :(

why the vlllage of Etchingham has suddenly appeared on the BBC Newsroom SE weather maps?

Don't they just rotate random towns/villages.   I've noticed for years that they quite often use smaller towns rather than cities as a marker on their weather maps that appear on the after news forecasts. 

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 10:58:53 PM »

Don't they just rotate random towns/villages.   I've noticed for years that they quite often use smaller towns rather than cities as a marker on their weather maps that appear on the after news forecasts.

I think it is happening more now on these new maps which are not UKMO. Also quite often the whole of N Kent is obliterated on the UK map by a label saying LONDON as if we dont know where it is  >:(

Hate the new graphics by the way and the BBC got so fed up with complaints they turned off commenting on the page where it used to be allowed.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

feliscatusx2

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 02:27:35 PM »

Sorry about the Kent/East Sussex thing, I stand corrected.

It's the offside leg, please don't ask how I did it because a) it was very early in the morning, and b) I have absolutley no idea not being consious at the time, but c) this is the 3rd time I have passed out following a meal of shop bought fish and chips.

What is the point at living at the seaside if you can't eat fish and chips  >:(

Not that Swalecliffe counts as real seaside but we are between Tankerton and Herne Bay

Rant over

I agree about the new maps - dreadfull
Some people are like slinkies: they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 04:05:34 PM »

Never happened to me with fish & chips purchased in Herne Bay when we lived there. Perhaps they fry with some kind of nut oil, although if they do they should have warning notices everywhere!

I know that area well as we were in Herne Bay for 28 years. People have also been known to say 'Spent a rupturous weekend in a Truss House in Hernia Bay'  ;)

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP