Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New to VDSL2. Any Ideas Appreciated.  (Read 6191 times)

Jon21

• Reg Member
Re: New to VDSL2. Any Ideas Appreciated.
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2018, 11:42:56 PM »

I also have the Netgear XR500 and have the same IP address in the log. Currently with Virgin though. Tbh, I’m not entirely certain what the log message means, other than perhaps the firewall is doing its job?

The BQM graphs look like congestion but being new to VDSL2, I’m not sure if that’s how it presents on the graph.

Dcm12

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2018, 11:48:54 PM »

yes  it is working well i think new to this router and so are netgear new to duma os    iff you would like to read about that dos ip 
from r/TOR

https://www.reddit.com/r/TOR/comments/68ufx7/an_odd_tor_node/       now what is    trump up to  ;)

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2018, 12:47:03 AM »

yerrrs   havent run whois   on thos DOS yet, been  on other stuff , but wow those sneaky people . thanks for that sneaky lot arnt they .
 i just had a emails saying i requested password change  in to my parallels desktop app account it changed my password  i DID NOT REQUEST THIS, i have sent them report .
it came from my ip though ?  from my os .as it recorded my request with ip/ osx version / and browser version.  also there password request was from there email  perhaps it was just a security measure . i accessed and changed password .

Did you get all that from the email or from the Parallel Desktop website?

Sounds very much like a phishing email.
I would go direct to the Parallel Desktop site and change my password again.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Dcm12

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2018, 03:56:02 PM »

do you mean the dos attack was logged by router neat gear XR500
  i then later had message from parallels saying my account was signed into and password changed , at which point i was locked out of my account ,  immediately did a forgot password . and reset i have sent them the email notifications i recieved but they seem genuine to me .
they are aware of this now . and i have changed details . :'(

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2018, 07:10:12 PM »

I'd guess that all those supposed DoS attacks from port 80 are false positives, and you were accessing a website hosted on those IP addresses around the time of those log messages.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2018, 09:37:53 PM »

May I just clarify a few things.
- No latency issues outbound using pingplotter (10ms looks good to me).
- Speedtests were bad over Easter.  How about now?
- The issue definitely looks cyclic between the hours of 10am - 2am.   Do you shut down any attached equipment outside of those hours?

It would be interesting to see:-
  • The results of a TBB speedtest showing single thread v multi-threaded mode.
  • The results of a TBB reverse tracert

Whilst the graphs look nasty they could indicate network activity or congestion and why I'd like to see an up to date single threaded speedtest.
It could also be QoS in your router.  (Although its odd that its ok at night).  Mine always looks spiky, yet I know the line is fine - its just down to the way my router [de]prioritises ICMP pings. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Dcm12

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2018, 10:04:16 PM »

you may indeed.
ping plot  10ms  yes me to .no spikes mbps matching  TB   BQMonitor

so speed test improved   99% closer to isp provision .10/40

The issue definitely looks cyclic between the hours of 10am - 2am.
  no  i do not , but i do have a playstation attached which when of is of, no permissions for dwn or upload or internet of .i will unplug tonight
same with router has no remote management ticked ?
nothing else attached wireless is normally of but will make sure is of every night now incase phone or tablet .
i suspect the router myself as you said qos  ICMP  deprioritization  may be within there new  software  ex security as this is a gaming router  i opened case with netgear .   
The results of a TBB speedtest showing single thread v multi-threaded mode.     prob no difference as this is so bad already .
The results of a TBB reverse tracert     
 i will have to do these late or in morning post  i dont have there ip andrew f . did tell me sorce ip  i ask again i already asked last week for this
thanks   for your suggestions
i have to ask again .

Dcm12

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2018, 10:11:12 PM »

hi  thanks for link   not sure doese this open  TBB reverse tracert ?    thinkbroadband-gw2.core-rs2.thdo.ncuk.net

if not   heres screen shot .  looks very good  just going to look at live graph .

Dcm12

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2018, 10:25:38 PM »

May I just clarify a few things.
- No latency issues outbound using pingplotter (10ms looks good to me).
- Speedtests were bad over Easter.  How about now?
- The issue definitely looks cyclic between the hours of 10am - 2am.   Do you shut down any attached equipment outside of those hours?

• The results of a TBB speedtest showing single thread v multi-threaded mode.
  • The results of a TBB reverse tracert

Whilst the graphs look nasty they could indicate network activity or congestion and why I'd like to see an up to date single threaded speedtest.
It could also be QoS in your router.  (Although its odd that its ok at night).  Mine always looks spiky, yet I know the line is fine - its just down to the way my router [de]prioritises ICMP pings.
ok i just went to TB my BQM was looking really good allday  thats the longest ive seen good results  over aprill  untill six then red no ping  ,,
this is due to ICMP not landing there new dynamic ip  tacker hasent worked this time or my router , i see the BQM ip for me dident change
i have created new graph now new ip will check it later    nice if its all green.

Dcm12

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2018, 10:32:52 PM »

sorry  the first  reverse tracert  dident  work  second one has .

Dcm12

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2018, 10:56:24 PM »

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/d00e09dc1912480f2a293a59d4a52b9eabfec69e

new BQM with correct ip is not showing results     just  rebooted router   there seemed to be a bootloader start in page ive never seen then flicked back to normal GUI now its very responsive when choosing preferences instant page change was hanging all time before,
went to TB now ping is responding to ?   i think this was an small FW tweak from netgear   as they took screenshots and said there new to this software and open to users experinces   i sent them logs daily ?  i will see what transpires .

Dcm12

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2018, 03:34:37 PM »

sorry  the first  reverse tracert  dident  work  second one has .

sorry  for some reason the screen shots on reverse tracert  did not attach   although second one had  link posted..   here is one today
i will be running differnt times of day night and post  was 3 o'clock today
cant preview ???  so hope attachments worked .

Dcm12

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2018, 04:06:55 PM »

heres another looks more complete .

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2018, 06:03:26 PM »

I can't believe that those reverse traceroute results are at all correct if they're all 0ms.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2018, 06:06:14 PM »

Not quite sure what to make of those.  Is there another hop after hop7 as worst being 5ms is pretty good.   
Also avg of 1ms indicates you being nr central London.   I'd expect the last hop to show the most latency. 

On the whole it looks pretty good, theres a bit of what must be de-prioritisation going on at TeleHouse Docklands, but I'm seeing that too. 
Note how it never affects my overall figure to my home (see below).

If that last hop is correct and it is your home rather than a TT node then I see nothing wrong with the routing.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 [2] 3

anything