Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Netgear D6220 First Impressions  (Read 4445 times)

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
Re: Netgear D6220 First Impressions
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2018, 12:36:50 PM »

So how have you got telnet working - is it through the debug.htm page?
 :)
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2018, 02:50:40 PM »

My original f/w allowed access to the debug.htm page but it survived the f/w upgrade so I didn't need to do anything. I will compile the s/w so I can use it in future.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2018, 09:54:27 AM »

Just a quick further update on my D6220. Because of the issues I have in this house with wifi I decided to try my powerline kit to get better wifi downstairs. Now I know that there are many here who think these are something which should not exist but anyway I thought OK if it screws up my connection I can remove them. Well my experience with these are quite different from my earlier trial with the ZyXEL routers. My error rate has not significantly changed since I started using them, I am getting the same relatively low FEC rates as before which are significantly lower than the ZyXELs anyway without powerline and virtually zero CRCs and my ES rate is still in single figures per day for D/S, U/S is a little higher but still the same as it was prior to powerline.

Now I have done things slightly differently in that the powerline near the router is not in the same socket as the router and my router and other kit is connected via a surge protector which was not how it was before. Anyway I see no reason now to remove the powerline, of course YMMV.  ;)

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP
Pages: 1 [2]

anything