kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
iTalk
« on: March 30, 2018, 04:20:40 PM »

I can hardly type for laughing.   

A virtual cream egg to anyone who spots the massive clanger & finds it as hilarious as I did   :lol:

[facebook]https://www.facebook.com/Kitz.co.uk/posts/1038194742985424[/facebook]
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: iTalk
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 04:49:40 PM »

If anyone needs a clue...  iTalk resells Vodafone DSL.
Attached below is a photo of DOCSIS cable pinched from Virgin Media's site.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 05:18:10 PM »

The first thing that caught my eye was the co-axial cable. Then I pondered exactly what I was supposed to understand by the usage of the word "fibre".  ::)

Also in the back of my mind was the fact that I had purchased a "used for one week only" ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A, an xDSL modem/router not an ONT, in the latter part of 2017.

Overall it appears to be just another example of muddle-minded thinking by a company that wants to draw attention to itself.  :-X
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 02:37:00 PM »

Overall it appears to be just another example of muddle-minded thinking by a company that wants to draw attention to itself.  :-X

Last year they were advertising unlimited, but in the small print there is a 60GB FUP.   There were lots of complaints about it.
They run out of a tiny rented office building and have far more sales staff than technical staff.   When I say sales, I mean telesales who cold call and there were several complaints of slamming phone lines last year and phoning up elderly people saying they were better and cheaper than BT, who then found themselves on inferior (not like-for-like) products.  :(

Put anything bad on their Facebook wall and it will be deleted.  I havent been watching for a while, but last year you would see several complaints in the evening, but they would all be gone in the morning. Haven't checked out their web-pages recently, but they were doing a lot of false advertising and inflating other ISP prices on their compare page.   

They had very bad reviews on TrustPilot, but over the past year you will see lots of 5 star ratings all bunched together from unregistered users with names like Tom, Dick or Harry (no I'm not joking!) In fact I just looked and it still appears to be going on and theres even a post from someone who had pointed this out to TrustPilot fairly recently.  You will also see that most negative reviews get put into dispute and removed. :(

The company itself has a history - Search Russell Church & iTalk - its not good :(
So all-in-all I wouldn't really recommend anyone touch them with a barge pole. :/
-----

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 06:55:32 PM »

They run out of a tiny rented office building and have far more sales staff than technical staff.

I tried to find information on the company and only managed locate its address to shared offices in the Gemini Business Centre, Hove, East Sussex. Not very professional looking.  ::)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

anything