Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Supercell Storm  (Read 1606 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Supercell Storm
« on: March 22, 2018, 04:59:37 PM »

This tornadic supercell above South Dakota is probably the most beautiful storm ever captured
Credit: Marko Korosec (goo.gl/YTbz9w) who is a professional storm chaser.

[facebook]https://www.facebook.com/boredpanda/videos/10155619111749252/?hc_ref=ARS-mksM30y5pHOQ2cLnBg4ECq1jQLkDZf6R13f_F7AQA2Kn12irRhALy8TBz_M-LOE[/facebook]
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Supercell Storm
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 05:19:32 PM »

Testing out a new feature to embed Facebook posts.
This should hopefully work even if you don't have a Facebook account, but obviously respects any of the FB posters privacy settings,  so it wont let you publish any posts that aren't set to public.

If you want sound, you have to click the speaker button, bottom right in the video.
If you wish to view on the original page click the "F" button whilst the video is playing.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 06:29:37 PM »

Sounds and looks very impressive on my Yoga Tab 3 Plus.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 06:56:22 PM »

Hmm . . . I wondered what I was doing incorrectly. Then I turned off Flashblock and the video played.  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 09:39:51 PM »

Works well on iOS 11 iPad.  Sound was on by default, no need to hit the speaker button.

I was slightly confused by mention of an ‘F’ button, as I could not see any such button.   I have now figured out it presumably refers to the Facebook Icon which is initially visible bottom right.  But on this device that icon disappears when I hit ‘play’, and does not reappear even after play completes.   After playing, if I reload the page, I can see the ‘F’ icon again. ???

If above puzzles you, suggest you attribute it to lack of understanding, if not sheer stupidity, on my part.   That is the usual explanation, these days. ::)

Westie

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 10:29:42 PM »

Works well on an older iOS 10 iPad too, with the sound on by default, and no 'speaker' button.

The Facebook icon on my device is also only shown when the video is not playing, and the screen stays blank at the end of the video.

But a really majestic sight to behold!

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 10:31:12 PM »

Works well on iOS 11 iPad.  Sound was on by default, no need to hit the speaker button.

Thanks for that observation.  It could possibly be down to my own facebook settings for "autoplay" which I have turned off, as I found it annoying if I was scrolling down the feed and it started autoplaying videos.

I was slightly confused by mention of an ‘F’ button, as I could not see any such button.   I have now figured out it presumably refers to the Facebook Icon which is initially visible bottom right.  But on this device that icon disappears when I hit ‘play’, and does not reappear even after play completes.   After playing, if I reload the page, I can see the ‘F’ icon again. ???

On a windows PC I only see the 'F' icon whilst playing the video.   I wonder if this is platform dependant, so it's interesting to see other people's observations as what you see appears to be opposite to what I'm seeing.   IIRC you don't generally use FB (sorry if I recall incorrectly) so it may also have something to do with the fact that my browser remembers my facebook setting which is usually set to auto-logged in.

If above puzzles you, suggest you attribute it to lack of understanding, if not sheer stupidity, on my part.   That is the usual explanation, these days. ::)
I doubt it.   Thank you for your feedback :)
I think the main thing is that the new plugin seems to work as intended although any existing FB preferences may over-ride default settings.

----
One final thing which I forgot to mention in the earlier post is that there is now a new Facebook icon available in the "post" and "post reply" options which allows you to easily embed Facebook posts using BBcode...  in a similar way to what you can already do with YouTube and Vimeo videos.
-----

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 10:47:53 PM »

IIRC you don't generally use FB (sorry if I recall incorrectly)

You are correct.  I do have an account, but it was created as a one-of means to an end a long ago.   This iPad is only a few months old, I have never logged in to Facebook on it.

anything