Chat > Chit Chat

I'm moving.... to Wales! (probably)

(1/2) > >>

sheddyian:
After lots of delays and uncertainty, I've found a house I like, 45 minutes drive North of Cardiff.  :sun:

The sale of my late Father's house has gone wrong several times, but is now nearing completion.  If it all goes well, I could be in Wales by early summer.

Ian

Black Sheep:
My commiserations, Ian.

Ha, seriously ..... good luck with the move. My ex in-laws are from the Rhondda Valley, which was about 40mins from Cardiff, or thereabouts, if memory serves ???

Are you moving around there ??

sheddyian:

--- Quote from: Black Sheep on March 15, 2018, 08:25:11 PM ---My commiserations, Ian.

Ha, seriously ..... good luck with the move. My ex in-laws are from the Rhondda Valley, which was about 40mins from Cardiff, or thereabouts, if memory serves ???

Are you moving around there ??

--- End quote ---

Yes, near to Ferndale as far as I can work out.  I'm not that familiar with the geography around there yet.  I like Cardiff, but couldn't afford anything too near the city.  This place came up surprisingly cheap, and the countryside nearby is lovely.

I've just discovered a problem though - posted to the FTTC forum - despite what the Rightmove website (and compare the market) told me, there doesn't seem to be FTTC at the address, and the ADSL estimate is 3mb  :o

I shall have to sit and look at the countryside views while my web pages are loading.

Ian

Black Sheep:
I loved the Rhondda for the scenery, especially on a sunny day.

I've had a very quick perusal around Ferndale and there's plenty of Cabs showing as having an FTTC twin ...... I would have to have more info obviously, to gauge whether your postcode has similar ??.  :)

burakkucat:

--- Quote from: sheddyian on March 15, 2018, 08:17:28 PM ---If it all goes well, I could be in Wales by early summer.

--- End quote ---

Your first task will be to erect a shed, add solar-panels to its roof and then have FTTS (fibre to the shed) installed.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version