Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DSLstats experimental version 6.3  (Read 6271 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
DSLstats experimental version 6.3
« on: March 11, 2018, 01:04:07 PM »

This version is derived from v6.1.3 with the following changes:
  • removed MDWS upload capability
  • added local store for all collected data
  • increased the maximum time per page to 14 days
The local data store retains all the data which was being uploaded to MDWS, and in the same format. The main stats are a space-delimited list of values, and I've also uploaded a spreadsheet (in Open Document format) which details the data in each field. The  per-tone data is saved in zip files which simply list the values in tone order.

The "MyDSLWebStats" page in DSLstats is now called "Data Store" and offers the option to save the normal stats in lots of separate files or one long file each day (which considerably reduces the amount of disk space used). All the data is saved in daily folders, and the files in each folder have the collection time in their filenames. The location of the data store is initially the same as the snapshots directory, but can be changed to anywhere you like, so long as you have full read/write access there.

The main stats are saved every sample (one minute sample time suggested) and the per-tone zip files are saved every hour.

32-bit Linux:  http://dslstats.me.uk/files/dslstats32L-6.3.tar.gz
64-bit Linux:  http://dslstats.me.uk/files/dslstats64L-6.3.tar.gz
32-bit Windows: http://dslstats.me.uk/files/dslstats32W-6.3.zip
32-bit Raspberry Pi (Raspbian): http://dslstats.me.uk/files/dslstats32RPi-6.3.zip
Spreadsheet:  http://dslstats.me.uk/files/UploadStats.ods

(Raspberry Pi version to follow)

(Raspberry Pi version now added)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 06:54:49 PM by roseway »
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: DSLstats experimental version 6.3
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 02:56:19 PM »

Installed and running on my W7 PC.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 04:57:17 PM »

Downloaded, installed and executing the 64-bit Linux version.

So far no errors (other than operator malfunctions) have been noted.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 06:55:24 PM »

Thank you both.
  Eric

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 07:19:37 PM »

all good on my win 10 pc.
Thanks.

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 02:10:00 PM »

http://dslstats.me.uk/mydslwebstats.html needs changing when you have time!
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 02:44:16 PM »

V.6.3 running on my RPi Mk.1B, no unexpected issues noted to date.

Eric, your response to the demise of MDWS with respect to DSLStats program revisions has been exceptional and certainly very much appreciated, I class myself at the lower end of programming capability and feel very privileged to witness the technical skills of the many talented forum members who are currently striving to produce some form of replacement for MDWS either in a local or network format in the longer term.
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2

pooclah

• Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 04:32:55 PM »

Up and running fine on Windows 10 just to test out – I just need to set up a Raspberry Pi to run it constantly.

Thank you for producing it I never really appreciated the amount of information it makes available.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 04:35:34 PM »

Thank you tiffy & pooclah.

@jelv: Now done. I'll tidy it up when I get some time.
  Eric

Westie

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 12:03:29 AM »

V.6.3 installed and running on RPi Zero W, looking good!

Eric, your response to the demise of MDWS with respect to DSLStats program revisions has been exceptional and certainly very much appreciated....

I agree entirely with tiffy. The speed and quality of your response is to be applauded.  :clap: :clap:
Thank you.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 12:24:34 AM »

Another thank you from me :)

I've been having a play and trying to build my own custom interface for the webserver.*   I've only just updated to 6.3 but so far all seems to be working perfectly fine.    Excellent job as always  :clap:

* I think I've about managed all I can do using the inbuilt web server and it would need the power of PHP or me re-installing something like WAMP again to be able to do all that I want.   
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 10:25:22 AM »

Eric one hopefully easy suggestion. Can we have the location of the webserver files as a user option?

My reasoning is that I already have a Apache running on my W7 system from Xampp and need to use that rather than the server included in DSLStats as it has access to full webserver functionality including PHP. In order to do this right now I have created a symbolic link using the mklink command to link DSLStats webserver directory to the htdocs directory of Apache. In fact it would also be good if there was an option for those like me who already have a webserver available to have DSLStats create the files but not actually run the server code at all.

Stuart

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2018, 11:27:45 AM »

@broadstairs There's one of your own posts immediately following one of these posts and other posts of yours in the same topic!

Would it be possible to be able to specify a directory path for the web server files without running the web server?

I have a NAS box running a web server and can map a directory to a drive  (or use a \\servername\directory path) which would allow the DSLstats web pages to be viewed. I'm sure many other people already have web servers which could be used if DSLstats could write to the correct place.

@jelv: Yes, I can add an option to specify the location of the webserver files. I don't know if the directory selector dialog will be able to link directly to the NAS box, so you may have to map it to a local directory as you mentioned.

To everyone else: I'm going to have to do this in stages, and I haven't digested everything yet, but I'm fairly sure that my first job will be to save the MDWS zips locally.

Does that include changing the current check box "Enable webserver" to have three options (Off, Create pages only, Create pages and enable webserver)? The port would only be needed for the last option.

I've tried changing the snapshot directory to \\nasbox\sharename\DSLStats and it worked - and I can view the contents of the webserver directory remotely via my existing webserver port forwarding (the problem with using this method this is that it also puts the snapshots directories on the webserver).

One thing I didn't point out in my previous post is point out the advantage that being able to write the webserver files to my existing webserver means I don't have to set up an additional port forward for 55555.

@jelv: I've put it on the todo list, but the list is getting longer...
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2018, 12:57:47 PM »

OOPS ...  although not in this thread but another one which is why I did not notice it here or remember it from the other thread.

What we need now we have this thread is to have all suggestions here or perhaps a better idea would be to consolidate all suggestions into one new dedicated suggestion thread to keep it all in one place rather than spread across several threads and keep this thread for issues with this release (if any).

Stuart

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2018, 03:42:04 PM »

What we need now we have this thread is to have all suggestions here or perhaps a better idea would be to consolidate all suggestions into one new dedicated suggestion thread to keep it all in one place rather than spread across several threads and keep this thread for issues with this release (if any).

I've seen the hint and agree with its logic. However I will leave the implementation to roseway, as he has the more comprehensive forum "tool-kit" than me!  ;)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.
Pages: [1] 2

anything