Kitz ADSL Broadband Information
adsl spacer  
Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum
   Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  


Author Topic: KCOM Confirm Next FTTP Broadband Rollout Locations in Hull UK  (Read 133 times)


  • Content Team
  • Kitizen
  • *
  • Posts: 1381

The incumbent telecoms operator for Hull (East Yorkshire), KCOM, has today unveiled the next set of rollout locations for their “ultrafast” Lightstream fibre optic broadband (FTTP/C) network, which is now entering its final deployment phase before completion next year.

The operator has already expanded their Lightstream broadband technology to cover 75% of their network in the East Riding and Hull area, which reflects about 150,000 premises (homes and businesses). Most of these have been catered for via their ultrafast Fibre-to-the-Premises (FTTP) lines, which can offer download speeds of up to 350Mbps to local homes.

The operator is now working to extend this to reach 100% of their network area by March 2019 (around 200,000+ premises), which is costing them around Ł85 million. On completion it’s estimated that 96% of their network coverage will be via FTTP “full fibre” and the remaining 4% should be catered for by slower 75Mbps capable FTTC (VDSL2).

    Cathy Phillips, KCOM’s Chief Marketing Officer, said:

    “We are delighted to be able to bring the benefits of full fibre broadband to more properties in north Hull as part of our Lightstream roll out.

    We’re well on the way to bringing our ultrafast service to every corner of our Hull and East Yorkshire network. In the coming months thousands more people and businesses will be able to enjoy the fastest and most reliable internet speeds in the country.”
BT Infinity 2 - HG612 & Asus RT-N66U - ECI Cab