Broadband Related > ADSL Issues

openreach wants to withdraw sevice and cease line

(1/7) > >>

freeflow:
We have been problems for month now with internet/adsl disconnecting randomly and every time the phone rings. Openreach have changed many items at the exchange ,but have not fixed the problem. They have know told my service provider, who has been pressurizing openreach to fix the fault,that they( openreach want to withdraw the service/cease the line, as they can not fix the fault!Can they legal do this, leave us with no telephone and broadband and no mobile reception in a very rural hamlet? Can we not insist to keep the line running?

Any ideas welcome.
Thanks

burakkucat:
My (current) understanding is --

* The braodband service: yes.
* The telephony service: no.It might be worth your while to consult the regulator, Ofcom.

renluop:
Seeing a redacted of personal details copy of the letter amy also through light on what actually intended. I'm wondering if the OP may be misreading, because everything before has been about internet. From the post the phone side has been working.

burakkucat:

--- Quote from: renluop on February 25, 2018, 07:15:01 PM ---I'm wondering if the OP may be misreading, . . .

--- End quote ---

Yes, that is also my suspicion.  :-\

freeflow:

--- Quote from: renluop on February 25, 2018, 07:15:01 PM ---Seeing a redacted of personal details copy of the letter amy also through light on what actually intended. I'm wondering if the OP may be misreading, because everything before has been about internet. From the post the phone side has been working.

--- End quote ---

Not sure what OP is,But yes the phone always works, it is just a bad line sometimes, it just broadband disconnects when phone rings and at other times. There are not many people here where we live and this happens to about 25% of subscribers according to my research. i would have thought openreach would just say we can not fix it,but you can keep the service as it is now??
 Also been to ofcom website and can not find how to report it there, so any tips welcome.
at this stage i would just accept the service as it is, if they can not fix it,just want them to be straight about it.

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version