Broadband Related > Telephony Wiring + Equipment

NTE5C + Mk4 VDSL problem

(1/3) > >>

debenham:
'Someone I know' replaced the old BT master socket with the above but the BT hub won't connect. Take off the filter plate and plug straight in to the NTE phone socket (via the old in-line filter) and it works fine. The Mk4 unit has been replaced with another but the problem is still there. There are no extensions or other wiring.
Any suggestions?

tiffy:

--- Quote from: debenham on February 23, 2018, 03:22:22 PM ---'Someone I know' replaced the old BT master socket with the above but the BT hub won't connect. Take off the filter plate and plug straight in to the NTE phone socket (via the old in-line filter) and it works fine. The Mk4 unit has been replaced with another but the problem is still there. There are no extensions or other wiring.
Any suggestions?

--- End quote ---

It,s been incorrectly wired or the Mk4 socket is faulty, would be difficult but certainly not impossible to get the wiring wrong.

If you could provide a photo of the wiring I'm sure some of the very knowledgable forum members will be happy to advise.

debenham:
There are only two wires to connect - incoming white to 'A' and orange to 'B' and they're correct (and the broadband works ok when plugged straight into the NTE5C which seems to confirm that.

tubaman:
Assume they have wired the incoming line to the connections on the back of the NTE5c and not to the extension connections on the front, although I'm not sure it would work at all if you did that.
Should be as per run-it-directs nice page at -https://www.run-it-direct.co.uk/blog--installing-a-mk4nte5c-combined-socket--I14.php#blt
 :)

debenham:
That's what makes the whole thing so puzzling - there are just the two wires and then the VDSL bit goes into the front, plug in your route cable and off you go. There are no extensions that need wiring up and, as I said, the broadband works fine when just plugged into the NTE socket.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version