Broadband Related > ISPs

High and Low cost areas

(1/4) > >>

NewtronStar:
Have always been in a high cost area for broadband which costs £7.50 more per month than a low cost area on all ISP's, think I have ranted about this inequality before on the these forums.

Still don't understand why Exchanges in another parts of the country is classed as either High or Low cost just seems odd that some are paying more for a Broadband service than others yes market 1 2 3 or A B C

Is there anyone else here having to pay that £7.50 more a month for Broadband ?

ejs:
It's not all ISPs. I think it's just Plusnet.

Last time I looked at this, I got the impression that there are no different wholesale costs for WBC FTTC and ADSL2+ for Market A/B areas.

Nobody has to pay £7.50 more per month for their broadband. If they choose a particular ISP (Plusnet) and agree to those prices, then that's what they may end up paying.

NewtronStar:
Funny enough that was the ISP I was talking to via online chat. the advert says £31.99 for 38Mb unlimited & phone stuffed my my postcode & phone in then it turns to £39.99 a month, reason is because I am in a High priced area  :(

ejs:
There may also be changes from 1 April depending on Ofcom's latest market review:
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/consultations-and-statements/category-1/wholesale-local-access-market-review

Although Plusnet will probably continue charging more based on their non low-cost areas for as long as they can get away with continuing to do it. It won't matter if Ofcom's Market A/B designations no longer exist, they never made any difference to FTTC anyway (apart from the zero cease fee in Market A).

aesmith:

--- Quote from: NewtronStar on February 18, 2018, 07:31:41 PM ---Is there anyone else here having to pay that £7.50 more a month for Broadband ?
--- End quote ---
We're in a high cost area as well, that affected Plusnet pricing when I was with them, but we ended up leaving before the end of their free broadband period in any case.  If we'd stayed it would have been £17.50 for broadband, plus £17.99 for phone line.  A&A actually worked out cheaper at £25 for broadband and £10 for the line.   When I was looking to see what options exist if A&A ended up ditching 20CN customers, I think only BT didn't charge a premium for high cost areas.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version