Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: no wifi after waking from sleep  (Read 3515 times)

snadge

• Kitizen
no wifi after waking from sleep
« on: February 07, 2018, 07:26:45 AM »

hi

ive got a doozie here thats annoying the hell out of me - ever since trying (having this problem so reverted, then forced onto) Windows 10 1706 whenever i come out of sleep my wifi does not and will not connect unless i restart

I prefer sleep mode

ive tried everything i could find on web.. used MS driver, Intel driver, disabled "allow computer to turn off this adapter to save power", its an Intel AGN4965 latest driver is 2010... i have no other wifi or way of connecting ATM so would like to find a fix

has anyone else experienced this? seems extremely common on Windows 10 (which to me 3 years later still feels like a BETA, 1706 only just addressed one major annoying bug from the start 'default programs' never setting in the new menu, had to do it old school - thank god they keep the old tools and options or i would have been gone)

thanks
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 07:43:45 AM by snadge »
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

Westie

• Kitizen
Re: no wifi after waking from sleep
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 12:18:31 PM »

My wife's Windows 7 PC sometimes does the same. To save a complete (slooow) restart of the computer, I disable then enable the wireless adapter.

It may not be the 'right' way to do it, but it works for me and doesn't take too long.

anything