Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ability to Reset Openreach FTTC Broadband DLM Profiles Arrives  (Read 5233 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Ability to Reset Openreach FTTC Broadband DLM Profiles Arrives
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2018, 08:58:45 PM »

Yes. 
The SP's have to use their nounce and ensure the line will actually benefit from the reset. 
No just doing one to 'shut the EU up' if next week DLM will only take action again.

There's some sort of calculation which I'm not certain what they are getting at because the terminology is not clear.   I'm not the only one who didn't quite get it either.   Don't have the actual info to hand but I think 10% is in the calculation somewhere.

As I've also said a few times its a 'one shot' attempt and absolutely no feed back is given to the ISP whether the procedure was successful or not.    If it doesn't meet the criteria, then OR just reject it without feedback.   

---
ETA
Just looked at the formula.   10% isn't correct.   Its some backwards calculation that I still don't understand.   I had asked someone else if they could clarify it... but they themselves didn't understand it either.  :-\

« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 09:37:01 PM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 09:09:39 PM »

You are very well informed, Ms Kitz ................ that is what I am reading about the 'no feedback' part.  :) :)

I still can't see any info about certain criteria to be met other than sending an e-mail, but there has to be a 'certainty' by the ISP that this procedure will benefit the EU in the long-term, (I would have thought), or it just becomes an over-abused, short-term get out clause for them ??

Just me thinking out loud because as I say, there isn't any docs I can see stating otherwise at the moment. It will all come to flight as time marches on, no doubt ??  :) :) 

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2018, 09:11:58 PM »

BTw were indeed invited into the trial, and as far as I can see it is still subject to mailing lists, but with no criteria to be met.

I think their invite must be more recent.   Last year when first released, absolutely no BTw based ISP's were on the trial.     I wonder if they have dropped the 1000 figure then based on ISP size.   They should have been able to gauge numbers from first stage of the trial.   BT as an ISP also has a lot of business consumers.   

Actually reading your sentence again and  thinking about it, I notice you say BTw and not BTr.   
BTw is a customer of Openreach, therefore any requests go through BTw, which is why the limit could be relaxed for BTw
Its my understanding that one of the hurdles with the first stages of trial is that it was only offered to direct Openreach customers (GEA)..  and that is the reason I was given why it wasn't available to any of the BTw based ISPs... including BTr and PN at that particular time.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2018, 10:09:22 PM »

When my line was resetted then few days later the supplier has rang me to say the resetted has successful with Fault ref: *-************. It worked successfully and your line is not banded any more - I'm just running a new test with BTw and your line has applied G.INP with interleave depth of 8 with maximum sync rate. Its been unbanded, the line speed has increased as expected and you are now within the clear estimates for the line. During the reset interleaving was enabled and re-applied G.INP with interleave and this may be added back on in future but we have no control over it. No further action required. We may send you a survey soon as part of this DLM resetted trial. Thank You.

Mark07

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2018, 07:44:54 AM »

Shame BTw are still failing to acknowledge this exists  :(

I know sometimes it takes a while for new "processes" to filter through organisations of such a size but still.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2018, 08:26:14 AM »

I didn't think they were, Mark ?? They were part of the trial during the latter stages and as far as I can see, the trial was a success and it's all systems go.

Mark07

• Reg Member
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2018, 09:45:40 AM »

I didn't think they were, Mark ?? They were part of the trial during the latter stages and as far as I can see, the trial was a success and it's all systems go.

So did I, asked about it on Twitter (where they've raised faults and done line tests multiple times before) but they didn't know what I was on about and said to speak to live chat, which I did who were even more useless and said they'd need to send an engineer if there was a fault.

No fault, just line still banded after a fault that was fixed before Xmas!

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2018, 02:16:39 PM »

Shame BTw are still failing to acknowledge this exists  :(

I think you may mean BTr / consumer.  They are aware, it may just be getting through to the right person. 
Atkinsonsong got one done with BTr on the 23rd of Jan - here
-----

Mark07

• Reg Member
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2018, 03:33:32 PM »

I think you may mean BTr / consumer.  They are aware, it may just be getting through to the right person. 
Atkinsonsong got one done with BTr on the 23rd of Jan - here

Whoops, yes I did mean BTr, apologies!  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]