Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Apple support - fools and liars  (Read 7832 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Apple support - fools and liars
« on: February 02, 2018, 07:35:07 AM »

I just had two depressingly awful calls to Aaple support. First one was to a moron who had no idea what he or she was doing wasted 15 minutes faffing about and then handed me off to someone who just blatantly lied to me and I told her she was a liar because her response was so ridiculous. I later found the answer to my problem myself by sheer fluke - it was something wrong in settings where Apple had changed the wording so you can't find it any more because it is buried under a misleading description.

Second one was just mind boggling retard who was thick or deaf or on drugs. I asked about migrating from Apple Mail to Microsoft Outlook on ios. Gave me instructions something to do with gmail. Then started talking about icloud, told her that wasn't relevant, but hen she forgot or couldn't understand and went back to talking about it again. I asked about whichnapo is the registered mail handler for mailto: uris and other inter-app requests, she went in four times about how to set the default account chosen as a from: address when you compose or send mail. Sent me to the instructions for the same despite telling her four times that she was talking about the wrong thing, but was too thick to understand the issue or the terms. In the end I very politely, under the circumstances, told her that I was giving up as I was worn out by the amoeba and the piece of wire wool.

Apple support can be excellent it's all in the luck of the draw. They really are hiring some Trump voters cheap nowadays. People who are ‘excited to be helping you with x’ - you might as well be talking to a sheep.

What I do object to though are the lies when they just start making crap up. They don't even know who they are talking to!

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Apple support - fools and liars
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 10:26:57 AM »

It is so frustrating, I've often had replies to support requests where they clearly haven't read what I've taken the time to write, meaning their reply is useless. I usually reply back saying it would actually help if they read what was written!
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Re: Apple support - fools and liars
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 10:35:47 AM »

When they just make up something that is not even plausible and then it turns out to be proven wrong that is what I find so absurd. Does it never occur to them that they are sometimes talking to people who know far more about the subject than they ever will? No presumabky very little ever occurs to these people. And I'm amazed at all the american random made-up names like Shaniqua, Wankanda and Snotragya.