Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to make zyxel vmg3925 work with BT TV?  (Read 6721 times)

atkinsong

• Reg Member
Re: How to make zyxel vmg3925 work with BT TV?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2018, 06:10:17 PM »

At the time I was using (and still am) a Draytek Vigor 2760, which performs flawlessly with BT Youview, as well as BT's implementation of IPv6.
I was tempted to try the Zyxels because of the high ratings on here, but found significantly higher error rates on my line with an ECI cab so abandoned the idea. I'm happily back on the 2760 with no probs. The 2760 also emails me should there be a re-sync for any reason, and Draytek have also recently introduced a free DDNS service which works well. It has also been through the OR MCT testing so is fully approved by OR.
ISP:A&A, FTTP 160/30, Router Fritzbox 7530

dorzb

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2018, 10:29:24 PM »

Do you get any information on the System Monitor/Multicast Status IGMP tab? Just a thought since it is there!

Stuart

Got the IGMP status now. 192.168.1.82 is my Youview box.

dorzb

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2018, 10:30:17 PM »

At the time I was using (and still am) a Draytek Vigor 2760, which performs flawlessly with BT Youview, as well as BT's implementation of IPv6.
I was tempted to try the Zyxels because of the high ratings on here, but found significantly higher error rates on my line with an ECI cab so abandoned the idea. I'm happily back on the 2760 with no probs. The 2760 also emails me should there be a re-sync for any reason, and Draytek have also recently introduced a free DDNS service which works well. It has also been through the OR MCT testing so is fully approved by OR.

I like Draytek very much but my line is connected to a Huawei cabinet.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2018, 01:57:47 AM »

I notice in your screenshot that "LAN to LAN (Intra LAN) Multicast Enable" is enabled. Did you enable that or was it always enabled?

A number of the settings are different to both the 8924 and 1312 (b10as). Some of the settings are unchecked by default on mine and weren't needed but are checked on yours.

Multicast is ridiculously fussy/specific.
Have you tried sending Zyxel a support ticket?
Alternatively, restore the default config, screenshot all the pages with reference to igmp, multicast, also the broadband and home networking tabs and post them here.
It's worth posing the screenshots of all those pages anyway as mentioned they are different to some of the older models.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

dorzb

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2018, 08:40:39 AM »

I notice in your screenshot that "LAN to LAN (Intra LAN) Multicast Enable" is enabled. Did you enable that or was it always enabled?

A number of the settings are different to both the 8924 and 1312 (b10as). Some of the settings are unchecked by default on mine and weren't needed but are checked on yours.

Multicast is ridiculously fussy/specific.
Have you tried sending Zyxel a support ticket?
Alternatively, restore the default config, screenshot all the pages with reference to igmp, multicast, also the broadband and home networking tabs and post them here.
It's worth posing the screenshots of all those pages anyway as mentioned they are different to some of the older models.

Hi John,
I didn't change anything apart from following kitz's instruction to make the router work with VDSL. All other settings should still be default.
Will post the screenshots tonight.

Thanks.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2018, 10:00:30 AM »

You said you purchased the ZyXEL but was this a retail purchase or is it a second user router originally from an ISP? If the latter did you do a complete reset to factory default conditions and clear any ROMD settings prior to using it?

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

dorzb

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2018, 10:19:31 AM »

You said you purchased the ZyXEL but was this a retail purchase or is it a second user router originally from an ISP? If the latter did you do a complete reset to factory default conditions and clear any ROMD settings prior to using it?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,
It's a brand new retail product but there was even no firmware upgrade menu when I first connected to it. So I unlocked it, reset to factory default settings and used Supervisor account (thanks to John) to disable Tr069. It's not on the latest firmware though, as it disables busybox.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 10:22:13 AM by dorzb »

dorzb

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2018, 03:54:17 PM »

I noticed since 5.11(AAVF.2)b1 VMG3925/3926 no longer support  Con-CurrentWAN, grrrrrrrrr...

[FEATURE]
1. [eITS #150601233] [GUI] Quick Start Wizard cannot be disabled in GUI
2. [eITS #150601236] No WPA / TKIP support, There is no option in
Wireless setup to choose WPA only or WPA2 with WPA compatibility;
it is only possible to select WPA2 (or WEP or no security). There is also
no option for TKIP, although I assume that's because WPA2 uses AES.
3. [GUI] Received 403 Forbidden error message when 2 sessions is
opened simultaneously: Support single login
4. [Broadband] Not Support Con-CurrentWAN
5. [GUI] Not Support Virtual Device.
6. [DDNS] Support no-ip

dorzb

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2018, 11:02:10 PM »

I finally made it work! Noticed someone mentioned 3rd time luck when setting up his Billion router with BT TV, I gave the solution from http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=15784.0 another try and it did work this time! I don't know why it didn't work last time when I tried it and it killed my internet. Now all channels work fine except 4K UHD, exact same issue as smallal had. It's a pity that I cannot try npr's solution.

Thanks so much to everyone!

dorzb

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2018, 11:04:19 PM »

This is how I configured BT TV on my VMG8924-B10A, I'm guessing the settings are similar on your router.

Hi npr,
Just out of interest, does 4K channel work fine with your settings?
Pages: 1 [2]