Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Brodband disconnecting  (Read 2194 times)

freeflow

Brodband disconnecting
« on: January 30, 2018, 01:47:06 PM »

Our broadband has been disconnecting for months now every time the phone rings and randomly at other times. we got a new face plate with filter, also plugged in router direct to test socket with new filter and no telephone or any other appliances on in the house yet when i ring my line adsl link goes down, openreach changed line card dslam (cease and re provide) still adsl disconnects, openreach even apparently checked by disconnecting the physical line at exchange and adsl still goes down when phone rings (simulated at exchange end) checked the line for high resistance and loads of other things were tested and don. Now they want to "Openreach have suggested a change in the tie pairs on your connection may fix your issue" and they say it it can take 24-72 for us to have no service at this time, so my question is, does any body know if a simple job, like change  the tie pairs,  should take this long and surely they could connect me temporally (the line)to some spare equipment? also surely this would not be the case as other people in the area have the same problem and use different providers? our lines are direct exchange lines about 8km in lengths.
any ideas welcome.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Brodband disconnecting
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 02:02:14 PM »

Very simple job to change tie-pairs when new ones are provided to us by the ISP.

You can't just have  a temporary pair, as all of the circuits 'build' has to be remotely 'lifted and shifted' to the new tie-pairs, in order for your router to reconnect.

Forget "everyone else" ..... the big mistake most folk make when diagnosing a circuit ..... concentrate on your own circuit and what has bee proven. Going from your comments .... it has been proven to be faulty in the Exchange, so that is what the engineers will run with for now.

If it's found the fault is still prevalent after the new tie-pairs, then we can speculate .....  :)

freeflow

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 02:13:20 PM »

Very simple job to change tie-pairs when new ones are provided to us by the ISP.

You can't just have  a temporary pair, as all of the circuits 'build' has to be remotely 'lifted and shifted' to the new tie-pairs, in order for your router to reconnect.

Forget "everyone else" ..... the big mistake most folk make when diagnosing a circuit ..... concentrate on your own circuit and what has bee proven. Going from your comments .... it has been proven to be faulty in the Exchange, so that is what the engineers will run with for now.

If it's found the fault is still prevalent after the new tie-pairs, then we can speculate .....  :)
So if it is a simple job it should not take more than 24hr as openreach is trying to say? in fact i had a lift and shift and other equipment changed in a day, so this sounds less of a job.
when i say temporary connection, i mean connect my line to some different equipment whilst they do the work.
thanks

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 02:18:39 PM »

It takes as long as it takes for the ISP's to give Openreach the new tie-pair locations, and to then fit it into the work-stacks.

There are many other people awaiting work from the Exchange based engineers, which is why they have provided you with that time-frame.

I'm already beginning to lose the thread, as you say you've already had a 'Lift & Shift' and 'Other equipment' changed ..... there are only 3 pieces of equipment OR will change (at engineering level) ..... TAMS, Tie-pairs, Telephone equipment number ....

Again .... they WILL NOT connect you to temporary equipment.

freeflow

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 02:36:18 PM »

I lost the thread with openreach months ago, this has been going on since October,3 engineers in total whole day outages, LIC swapped out,line cards dslam lift and shift etc etc. this is what they are saying to me and my isp and now Openreach have suggested a change in the tie pairs on your connection may fix your issue, these are cables that connect our equipment to Openreach's equipment.

This change however will leave you without service for 24 - 72 hours.

It takes the biscuit and as you say there is not so much stuff it can be to keep going at it since last of October and i think somebody is pulling a fast one.
it is certainly unacceptable for me being this long with out internet as i live 30 miles from the nearest real town and no mobile reception only over internet.
after all it is openreach incompetence and they should bend backwards to fix it
got ombudsman man on case now as well, but that takes time

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 03:02:32 PM »

Good luck.

anything