Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: New fibre connection  (Read 1567 times)

malik123

• Just arrived
New fibre connection
« on: January 17, 2018, 05:20:15 PM »

Hi

I am moving my home in a week's time. I contacted my service provider SKY to transfer my fiber to the new home. They are saying that their system is showing that there is no fiber in the area. However the people who were living there confirmed that they used to have sky fiber. I also checked openreach website and it looks like the fiber is available in the street and showing all house numbers apart from where I will be moving. My house number is not visible in openreach website.

Can anyone please guide me what could be the issue and what are my options?

regards

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: New fibre connection
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 10:10:12 PM »

Welcome to the Kitz forum.  :)

As for your problem, I would suggest that you make another call to Sky and explain the situation regarding the current owner of the property. I suspect you will need to be firm and ask to speak to a supervisor or manager. Sky should then contact the relevant BT / Openreach department and request that the database entry for your new property be checked and updated to reflect the true situation.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Westie

• Kitizen
Re: New fibre connection
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 11:11:55 AM »

This may not be relevant in your case, but when I wanted to change ISP, they said I would need a new provision, as there was no phone line connected to our house (despite the fact that I was talking to them from my house phone).

It turned out that Openreach still had the phone line registered to the old house name, despite the name change having taken place 6 years ago! I'd also previously changed ISP from BT to John Lewis (i.e. Plusnet), but that didn't highlight the issue.

A quick phone call to my current ISP sorted the problem. Even OR catch up eventually!

anything