Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Effect of an AIO cabinet  (Read 1325 times)

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
Effect of an AIO cabinet
« on: January 14, 2018, 08:22:04 AM »

On my exchange Hemsworth cabinet P34 is being added and should be live by July, this should cut off ~100 long lines from my cabinet P19.

Could this have a positive effect on lines closer to the cabinet as the transmit power could be higher?

Or would it be best case just a slight decrease in crosstalk?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Effect of an AIO cabinet
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 09:07:31 AM »

I don't think there will be any changes to power profiles as my understanding they are based on (a) Distance between exchange and cab (b) Line length from cab to home, and not number of lines at x distance.
You may benefit from reduced crosstalk.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 03:50:26 PM »

Its interesting to know that it might be possible to benefit from reduced crosstalk. Openreach are installing an AIO between myself and our current cab. I did enquire with OR but was told my line would not be moved but a number of eo lines would be so maybe we will benefit from this.

The ground has been dug up and looks like power installed as the electric supplier was there exposing underground cables , road works showed job to be completed by end of the month.

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 04:23:56 PM »

I think the main thing that could reduce crosstalk for my line would be the result of people with VDSL being switched over to the new cabinet.

I wouldn’t think that one meant for EO lines would have the same effect unfortunately, potentially it could cause more crosstalk if people on the EO lines take VDSL and share a duct with you.

My understanding was that if there were say 300 lines within 200m and then a connection was set up 2.5km away on FTTC then the transmit power for the shorter lines would be backed off? Am I mistaken as I think I read it somewhere?