Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Amazon FireStick No 'YouTube'  (Read 2530 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Amazon FireStick No 'YouTube'
« on: December 29, 2017, 01:13:04 PM »

Amazon FireStick No 'YouTube'
Because Amazon and Google have fell out they are banning Youtube on the Firestick.
There is now a work-around download 'Firefox' web browser on your Firestick and you will be able to view Youtube video's again.
Also you can use Firefox as a normal web browser as well on your TV.
So now I can watch 'Steam Trains' video's again.  :-[  :yay:

« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 01:15:51 PM by tickmike »
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Amazon FireStick No 'YouTube'
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 08:45:56 AM »

There should be no reason that you can't side load the YouTube app on to your fire stick.

I have apps2fire on my Android tablet, and that can be used to side load apps on to the Fire TV and Fire Stick.

Note. It currently does not work on the 3rd gen Fire TV 4k after Amazon updated it, the author  is trying to fix this.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 02:09:52 PM »

There should be no reason that you can't side load the YouTube app on to your fire stick.

side load ?.

I have got the Youtube app on but about 4 weeks ago get this message that it is not supported after 1.1.2018 !. clicking on that app now ask if you want to download FireFox and use that.
That works just as well.
I have an older Firestick.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 02:54:22 PM »

No idea why they call it side load, but it's a way off getting apps on to the Fire TV/Stick which a not available the normal way.

Just tried it and it doesn't work, Youtube opens perfectly in the background but overlaid with a message that it won't work without Google Play Services.

Having done some reading, it seems that it is Google blocking it, rather than Amazon, side loading only allows apps to be loaded which are not available the normal way, so won't work in this case.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D