Broadband Related > FTTC and FTTP Issues

FTTP & Sky

(1/2) > >>

AngelRex:
Afternoon!

I'm due to move home and currently have SKY FTTC 40Mb service.  I'm in an 12 or 18 month contract that was recently renewed (before I knew I was buying another house).

My new property says I can get FTTP (No, not FTTPOD) it actually has FTTP live and I can get 330/30 via Zen, BT and a few others.

Anyone know if SKY can provide a 40 or 76 mb service on this, or does it have to be BT / Zen FTTP product / service?

I know SKY cannot provide an FTTP service, but I would like to know if they can provide fibre or if I'm going to be stuck paying their contract for the next 12 months?

Any questions please let me know - and thanks in advance.

Rex

j0hn:
If the BTw DSL checker shows no mention of ADSL/VDSL then it's an FTTP only site, no copper. Post a screenshot of the results for the address with any address/phone number removed.

Sky can't provide you any service at an FTTP only property.

No idea what they would do with regards to your contract.

AngelRex:
I'll get these uploaded later!  cheers

AngelRex:

--- Quote from: j0hn on December 08, 2017, 12:35:33 PM ---If the BTw DSL checker shows no mention of ADSL/VDSL then it's an FTTP only site, no copper. Post a screenshot of the results for the address with any address/phone number removed.

--- End quote ---

AngelRex:

--- Quote from: j0hn on December 08, 2017, 12:35:33 PM ---If the BTw DSL checker shows no mention of ADSL/VDSL then it's an FTTP only site, no copper. Post a screenshot of the results for the address with any address/phone number removed.

--- End quote ---

When I go through the BT and Zen website (and SKY's for that matter) all tell me I can order 40/76mb services.  BT & Zen's then also has the option for 150, 200 & 300 mb services

I think I might just have too order and see what happens :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version