Broadband Related > Router Monitoring Software

Best way to get DSL Stats running 24/7?

(1/16) > >>

V_R:
Currently have DSL Stats running on my PC which is on a lot but not 24/7, I'd like to get it setup in a way so its running and monitoring the line all the time.

I'm assuming the best way is via a Raspberry Pi? If so can any one give me a quick run down of what I need and how to do it? Is there a guide out there somewhere?

I've never use one before so I'd appreciate any advice on what I'd need and the process to get it up and running?

Thanks.

skyeci:
I would suggest a pi3. I just use the standard install and leave it headless. vnc is included so I access via that if I need to once I had set it up..

I do run mine with a usb rj45 adapter alongside the internal lan as my modem sits in a different network to my router. static internal  ip's  on both.
straight forward and pretty painless tbh. If you have any specific questions then do ask away.

Dray:
I asked for a step by step guide once. Didn't get one :(

V_R:
https://thepihut.com/collections/raspberry-pi-kits-and-bundles/products/raspberry-pi-3-starter-kit

I was looking at that, would that work?

Can it just be plugged into my router or switch to be able to monitor and upload to MDSLWS or is there more to it?

I'm happy to run it headless as long as I can login to it one way or another.

j0hn:
That would work perfect. It takes a bit of configuration, but a raspberry pi is probably the best way to run 24/7 DslStats/MDWS with very low power requirements. It can even be powered from your routers USB port.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version