Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Migration Question  (Read 1343 times)

jaydub

• Reg Member
Migration Question
« on: December 07, 2017, 10:19:56 PM »

I am due to migrate to IDNet on Monday.

Having just used the BTW DSL Checker, I have the following against my line.

There are multiple orders open on your line which are due to complete by 12-Dec-2017.

There is currently a Broadband cease pending or in progress against this line. This cease is due to complete by 11th December 2017. This will not stop you ordering Broadband from a new supplier, but it will delay the provision of the new Broadband service.

The multiple orders make sense as there is a BT phone line transfer whereas the broadband line is being moved to IDNet's Fluid data TTB backhaul option.

It is the cease bit that slightly armed me.  Is this normal on a migration or is it most likely to be because the Broadband line is being moved from BTW to TTB?

IDNet support have in turn checked with the supplier, who has confirmed everything is still on schedule to complete 11/12/17 with no problems detected.

Am I worrying about the cease unnecessarily?

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Migration Question
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 11:23:52 PM »

Am I worrying about the cease unnecessarily?

Yes, I think so.

. . . most likely to be because the Broadband line is being moved from BTW to TTB?

I believe that is correct.

IDNet support have in turn checked with the supplier, who has confirmed everything is still on schedule to complete 11/12/17 with no problems detected.

If they have fully understood your query, then trust their answer. Hopefully all will proceed smoothly.  :fingers:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

jaydub

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 12:37:54 PM »

All appears to have gone smoothly.

I was about to go to bed at 00:30, when I realised I no longer had an Internet connection.  Plugged in the IDNet credentials and away it went.

Just monitoring the connection at the moment, but all is appearing relatively good at the moment.

The cease statement no longer appears on the BTW DSL checker.  Only the "There are multiple orders open on your line which are due to complete by 12-Dec-2017." remains and I expect that will disappear tomorrow.

My connection was coming off an Aquiss Entanet connection onto an IDNet Fluid Data TTB connection and therefore I thought there would have to be some re-jumpering at the cabinet or exchange.  The 00:30 switch over was presumable an auto cut over.  Just surprised that a backhaul provider change could be automated.  But then again, my Broadband technology knowledge is only veneer thin (or so it seems!).

roswellgrey

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 01:41:57 PM »

Just to add my 1/2 pennith to this.

You can get this ("There is currently a Broadband cease pending or in progress against this line") on a non-cease, btw->btw migration.
It's not just for btw->elsewhere changes.

I had it when I moved to SSE (from BT) last June ( http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,17849.msg324391.html#msg324391 )
and just had it again when I moved back to BT very recently.

Why it is flagged like that seems very strange, but it does happen ....
Billion 8800NL

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 06:46:09 PM »

All appears to have gone smoothly.

Excellent news.  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.