Broadband Related > Broadband Hardware

New Broadcom modem for bt infinity

(1/3) > >>

kannanni:
Hi there,

My 5 yrs old hg612 modem is playing up. I’ve used it constantly in pair with first ASUS n66u and from 1 year with Asus ac68u. Modem recently started playing up and I’d like to replace it. I’m temporary using the bt home hub 5B and noticed higher sync of 75 meg which is reflected in live tests and downloads. I am connected to a Broadcom cab and was previously getting around 69-70 meg sync/downloads. The wireless coverage and performance on this router is really bad though..

Can someone please recommend a modem that will give similar or better sync than homehub 5B?
I’d like to make use of my Asus router and wireless functions too.

Cheers,
kannanni

burakkucat:
Welcome to the Kitz forum.  :)

As your circuit is connected to a Huawei equipped cabinet I will suggest that you consider one of the ZyXEL modem/routers, configured in bridge mode. If you can source a VMG1312-B10A that might be an appropriate replacement for the HG612.

I'm sure other members will make other suggestions, in due course.

wantagewill:
I'm using a Zyxel VMG1312-B30A  that i picked up on a well known auction site. I like you had previously used the HG612. i use it with the  Asus DSL-AC68U (Custom firmware), and can't fault the Zyxel (Or the Asus for that matter).
The Zyxel stats are better than i use to get on the Huawei. it runs pretty much all the way 80 down & 20 up.
 Line Rate:     20.063 Mbps       79.998 Mbps
    Actual Net Data Rate:     19.999 Mbps       79.999 Mbps
Hope that helps.
Best, Will

kannanni:
Thank you guys,
 I’ll take your advice and get one of those.

tubaman:
Note that you want a VMG1312-B10A not a VMG1312-B30A , which is for ISDN.
 :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version