Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Does ECI DLM eventually fix Banded connections?  (Read 3095 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Does ECI DLM eventually fix Banded connections?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2017, 04:16:57 PM »

Whilst the above is true...  I do think the Openreach system can be a bit harsh when it comes to banding...  or rather its removal.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2017, 04:35:00 PM »

I am venting a bit, I guess I could be like some, stuck with a 1Mb connection and then I would certainly have something to vent about. I should count myself lucky.

Bad enough that ECI does not have Ginp, does not have  3db and does not have vectoring.  It wouldn't matter as if it was all turned on tomorrow the stupid brainless DLM would not even try to use it as its a banded connection!

I hope at some point ISPs can remove banding.  If it goes live tomorrow that would be great!

I should have a button to press on my ISPs control panel to reset my line perhaps with an area to give reason for reset request.  I can do this a limited amount of times a year.  Simples, would save BT money and give customers much more control.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 04:43:07 PM by ktz392837 »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2017, 04:48:47 PM »

Whilst I don't think we ourselves will ever get the option, I totally agree that the ISPs should be able to.   
The current system is an interim solution and only available to a couple of ISPs because its a manual process.     Hopefully in time some sort of GUI will be built into the KBD/ BRAT tools or whatever they're called this week
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2017, 09:42:04 PM »

yes i forgot about that kitz but of course if i remember right from your earlier posts lines have to have had an improvement to qualify, but will openreach enforce that requirement?

Also agreed the power management stuff is essential, and so is the stability profiling when considering the cost efficiency approach to faults.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 09:44:58 PM by Chrysalis »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2017, 10:01:14 PM »

I dont think its so much an improvement...  rather what the DLM is limiting the speed to compared to what the line could achieve if there was no DLM. ie current sync v max attainable.  Their terminology isnt actually very clear but it seems to be based around some sort of percentage AND the line must be stable for a period of time.
-----
Pages: 1 [2]

anything