Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: AAISP Home::1 and SoHo::1 allowances increased  (Read 2659 times)

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
AAISP Home::1 and SoHo::1 allowances increased
« on: September 03, 2017, 11:36:47 AM »

We have changed the monthly quota allowances on Home::1 and SoHo::1 today, increasing all of the sub terabyte rates by 50GB per month, without changing prices.

I.e. you now get 200GB for the previous price of 150GB, and 300GB for the previous price of 250GB.

Existing customers have had this additional amount added to their September quota.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: AAISP Home::1 and SoHo::1 allowances increased
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 11:45:18 AM »

Thanks Jelv.  Updated info :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

aesmith

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 04:03:26 PM »

Surprisingly they don't seem to have notified their customers of this change, I only noticed it when looking at my account.   Also of note is that they now carry over 50% of the unused allowance from month to month as a "bonus", meaning for example if I look at my account it says I have "Approx 252GB remaining from a 200GB quota per calendar month."

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 04:08:27 PM »

I guess it wasn't important enough to email everyone? Not sure. Either way it's good, I don't know what I'll do with all my bandwidth quota though lol. I currently have over 3TB remaining. I'm on the 2TB SoHo::1 (via TalkTalk Business, now trialling the new network mentioned on aastatus which is superb - less than 6ms ping to YouTube :)).

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 12:10:48 AM »

I suggest you check your October invoice, second page!
Oct 2017
Improved broadband tariffs
We have been reviewing our broadband tariffs, some changes have already been made, and some
are due over the coming months. We have listened to comments from customers, thank you.
• 50GB extra per month. Our standard Home::1 and SoHo::1 tariffs, below a terabyte, have been
increased by 50GB/month. This means the previous 150GB/month tariff is now 200GB/month at
the same price, and similarly 250GB/month is now 300GB/month. This was introduced in
September and backdated adding an extra 50GB to existing customers.
• Top-up not expiring. Our Home::1/SoHo::1 sub terabyte tariffs allow 50GB top-up for £10
extra. These used to expire at the end of following month, but no longer. Top-up usage now
carries on until used up.
Quota bonus
One of the biggest changes we have made is the new Quota Bonus system. Normally, on our
Home::1 and SoHo::1 tariffs, you start each billing month with your quota. However, we now add
an extra bonus which is half of your unused quota, if any, from the previous billing month.
So, if you started on 300GB/month, and only used 200GB, you would start the next month with a
new 300GB plus a bonus of 50GB (half of the unused 100GB) making a quota of 350GB.
The next month, if you only used 200GB again, you would start the following billing month with
your new 300GB and a bonus of 75GB (half of the unused 150GB) making a quota of 375GB.
This should allow some balancing out of high and low months and avoid people having to by topup
for occasional high months. Any top-up you have is kept separate and not halved.
Further changes planned
We are hoping for a number of other changes, some as early as mid October, and some later.
We expect that early in 2018 we will be able to offer VDSL (FTTC) services on a one month term
rather than 6 or 12 months as now. We are hoping to offer Home::1 and SoHo::1 with a choice of
terms and set up costs.
We are also hoping to extend the availability of the terabyte Home::1/SoHo::1 packages as well.
We also have plans to improve the SoHo::1 packages.
So, please keep an eye on our web pages or status pages or Facebook to see the new features.
Network upgrades
We also have a number of network upgrades that are on-going - additional links to BT, and
additional 10GB links to peers. We are constantly increasing our capacity to try and ensure we are
not the bottleneck and provide consistent quality and reliability for your Internet connection.

I'd also suggest you should subscribe the Atom Feed using one of the two links at the top right of https://aastatus.net/, because if you had followed all the status posts you would have seen:

https://aastatus.net/apost.cgi?incident=2429
https://aastatus.net/apost.cgi?incident=2430
https://aastatus.net/apost.cgi?incident=2434
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

aesmith

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 03:55:56 PM »

I suggest you check your October invoice, second page!
You're quite correct.  I don't normally view the attached PDF invoices, as all the information is in the email body, and missed the bit in the October email saying that the PDF has additional information included.  The email subscription doesn't work (for me), all it does is ask me to log into my Gmail account, then say the service isn't available to me.  I never got around to checking that out.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 04:03:29 PM by aesmith »