Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Banding removed 6 months after line repair  (Read 1214 times)

mikeh

Banding removed 6 months after line repair
« on: November 17, 2017, 08:48:52 AM »

I've been checking my line stats since Plusnet's email about the increasing upload speed upgrade. I wasn't expecting any increase beyond 1mb because of the line length limitations but I was hoping it would remove the banding which has been affecting my broadband since May when the very noisy line was repaired.It has been banded at 17997 Down and 797 up.

It has been quite stable of late and this morning I have seen the banding removed. I believe It is probably a DLM intervention and nothing to do with the Upload upgrade. There has been nothing showing on the checker site regarding an order in progress. Here are my stats, before and after.

tiffy

• Kitizen
Re: Banding removed 6 months after line repair
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 11:48:04 AM »

I would think that you have indeed had the PN US speed upgrade.
I had this on Wednesday morning and it has resulted in quite substantial changes to the line as well as the actual US speed change, think it may well have involved a full DLM reset.
I lost over 3 Mbps DS synch rate but actually very little DS data throughput rate as G.Inp appears to have been changed back to retx low profile.
My DS SNRM has also increased my 2 dB.
Can't currently check my BRAS profiles as the BT checker is not working, a known issue, see PN forums.

I'am on MDWS, ID tiffy if you care to look at the change over which occured @ 07:30 on 15/11/17.

I was also monitoring the BT checker site and the PN "my questions" area, nothing has appeared in either before or after the upgrade, apparently the PN e-mail notification of the changes will appear eventually but at least 2 days after the event according to other PN users experiences, I have not received mine yet.
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2