Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: BRAS IP Profile  (Read 6454 times)

tiffy

• Kitizen
BRAS IP Profile
« on: November 16, 2017, 12:10:58 PM »

Had the PN US free speed upgrade applied yesterday morning at 07:30 hrs. to my line, to date, can't get my BRAS IP profile by the normal methods, BT WS Performance Tester (further diagnostics) or the "mouselike.org" facility.

Obviously had a re-synch on the line for the package change and perhaps a DLM reset to what level I don't know, my retx profile has definately been changed from high to low, as well as the normally accepted indicators of this my DS synch dropped by over 3 Mbps but DS data throughput only dropped marginally indicative of the TP ratio having increased.

The BT WS Performance Tester, further diagnostics has always been a bit temperamental and time limited as indeed has the "mouselike.org" checker, however, neither will complete at present regardless of number of try's or time left between attempts.

Could I have had a full DLM/DSLAM reset and be on a "new line" profile ? (with G.Inp being still active)
If this was the case would that prevent the display of BRAS IP profiles ?
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2

adslmax

• Kitizen
Re: BRAS IP Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 02:48:17 PM »

It's already reported to BT Wholesale as PN aware of this Bras IP Profile fetching isn't working.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/BT-Wholesale-Broadband-Performance-Test-no-longer-work/m-p/1491759#M68007

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 03:08:05 PM »

Ahh,

Had not noticed this on the PN forum, just assumed that it might be connected to my recent US speed upgrade as was definately working for me before that, all be it with a few attempts as mentioned in the PN posts.

Many thanks for the information.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 03:09:30 PM »

No problem

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 12:38:58 PM »

The BT WS Performance Tester (further diagnostics) or the "mouselike.org" facilities are still not working, can't get access to BRAS profiles, as "adslmax" has advised, there is quite a long thread regarding this issue on the PN forum, a staff member has advised he will report to "their suppliers", no feedback to date.

Some PN forum members are reporting that the BT WS checker will work sometimes after multiple attempts, various browsers have been tried by all accepting that there are known speed reporting anomalies with Firefox.

Is this anomaly possibly peculiar to one ISP or is BT the common factor ?
Any other forum members with different ISP's had the same issues ? 

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 12:44:47 PM »

You need to post this in plusnet forum not here because plusnet staff don't bother come here much now. I am not sure if other isp have the same problem as plusnet for BTW speedtest to fetch bras ip profile isn't working properly.

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 03:51:06 PM »

Appreciate your comments, the idea was to get an input from other forum members who are not PN ISP users, much less likely to get this on the PN forum, PN staff member has already given his input a few days ago on the PN forum so really not much point in posting further there.

Don't you think it makes sense to obtain a more reflective cross section of opinions beyond PN ISP users to help to answer the question you have posed yourself "I am not sure if other isp have the same problem" ?

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 03:55:59 PM »

Because my other member of the family is with bt and they never had any problem with BTW speedtest with ip profile. I think the only issues between plusnet and bt wholesale on the plusnet system.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 04:27:09 PM »

Because my other member of the family is with bt and they never had any problem with BTW speedtest with ip profile. I think the only issues between plusnet and bt wholesale on the plusnet system.
Incorrect. Hasn't worked for my BT line for a couple days either.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2017, 05:43:17 PM »

Incorrect. Hasn't worked for my BT line for a couple days either.

Thanks j0hn,

Did think it strange that only PN was effected.
There are still a few members on the PN forum thread reporting that it is still working for them (eventually), it's just annoying for me at present with just having been PN US speed upgraded, the reset/re-synch having produced changes on the DS side also, would like to see what my BRAS IP profiles actually are now.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2017, 05:45:15 PM »

All I'm getting with the further diagnostics test is best efforts Downstream & Upstream with EE it is not showing the IP Profile like it used to.

example old IP profile

« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 05:48:54 PM by NewtronStar »

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2017, 05:53:15 PM »

I just wish PN should add on the member account PN IP Profile & BTW IP Profile on it, so we don't have to kept running BTw speedtest is rather annoying.

Why don't BTw put on DSL Checker instead with a real live BRas IP Profile if enter telephone number! In this way it would be better.

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2017, 07:24:39 PM »

All I'm getting with the further diagnostics test is best efforts Downstream & Upstream with EE it is not showing the IP Profile like it used to.

example old IP profile

Yes,that's the problem, the "further diagnostics" fails to complete so no BRAS profiles displayed, it's the same using "mouselike.org", the information from BT is not available, with 3 different ISP's to date getting the same results it seems obvious that the common factor in this case is BT.

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2017, 07:41:12 PM »

Just tried it on my AAISP line and it worked first time!
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2017, 07:43:47 PM »

worked an hour or 2 ago (BT business) for me as well.
Pages: [1] 2 3