Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ASUS DSL-AC68U  (Read 2082 times)

yakumo

• Just arrived
ASUS DSL-AC68U
« on: November 13, 2017, 05:11:07 PM »

It seems the ASUS DSL-AC68U is not currently compatible with G.INP on BT : http://whatsyourrouter.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=160&pid=682#pid682

Ixel

• Kitizen
Re: ASUS DSL-AC68U
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 05:20:26 PM »

It seems the ASUS DSL-AC68U is not currently compatible with G.INP on BT : http://whatsyourrouter.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=160&pid=682#pid682

I remember back when ECI G.INP was once a reality that the DSL-AC68U wouldn't connect as G.INP (instead it was heavy interleaving as if G.INP wasn't supported). Total failure of a device really, such a shame too. No way will I ever be touching another ASUS router/modem combo if they can't ever resolve the issues with the DSL-AC68U and expect customers to spend more money to buy the DSL-AC88U instead. I won't be recommending that anyone touch them either.

Deathstar

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 08:07:30 PM »

Well that explains why G.INP dissaperaed on my line. All the more reason to move.....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

VMG1312-B10A Bridge Mode to ASUS DSLAC68U

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 03:44:44 AM »

Worked perfectly fine about a month ago? I haven't updated the firmware on my DSL-AC68U for over a year though. I also only ran it for about 12 hours.

Would be interesting to see the reason OpenReach have decided to disable G.INP on this device. It absolutely does not surprise me though. They never did fix G.INP with the ECI DSLAMs before it was withdrawn.
Well that explains why G.INP dissaperaed on my line. All the more reason to move.....
Move? Supplier or country lol?
Moving supplier will make no difference.
Moving country seems a bit extreme  :lol:

My advice would be the advice I always give... ditch the DSL-AC68U. The Mediatek modem inside is absolutely useless.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 03:47:44 AM by j0hn »
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Deathstar

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 07:14:52 AM »

Change would have been a better phrase @j0hn, Move away from this Asus.
I find out a great router, does what I need it to do. But the modem is not very robust, so bridge mode will be the way forward for me.

Deathstar

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 05:05:43 PM »

Well.... I was running a BT Smart Hub over the weekend but removed it due to it continually talking to BT and rebooting at the same time of day.
I reconnected my Asus after a factory reset and reconfiguration, and to my surprise G.INP has been applied to my line.

So it does appear if you plug in a compatible modem it will enable G.INP after 2 days.
I am am now interested to see how long it stays on.

anything