Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: DLM changed my line profile  (Read 23291 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: DLM changed my line profile
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2017, 06:40:40 PM »

<snip>
. . . I thought he even provided some stats on Cuckoo something to show that it was.
<snip>

Cuckoo Oak (WNCKO).
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2017, 06:52:31 PM »

@b*cat.  Thank you.  All I could remember was the Cuckoo bit.

---

Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed Daily
Service Impact Retrains Observed

Just had a look at your post over on the PN forums.   I seldom go there and don't follow, but I have made a reply.   
I'm not going to be monitoring it... so if Anoush can get a report of the ILQ counters I'd be interested in seeing it.

Judging from the above that I quoted, it looks like your line has been behaving oddly for a few days.
Whether or not it started before the engineer was working on the cab is something we dont know because your line wasnt being monitored. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2017, 07:14:00 PM »

Oh great can't believe it. The whole of our area got power loss. No electricity. I have to unplugged billion must in case power might come back intermittent will upset DLM. Not great day.

I'm assuming Max is posting via his mobile phone, so I don't expect a quick response . . . .

Judging from the above that I quoted, it looks like your line has been behaving oddly for a few days.
Whether or not it started before the engineer was working on the cab is something we dont know because your line wasnt being monitored. 

However . . . Could the interference have be due to instability in the area's power supply? A joint breaking down, perhaps?
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2017, 07:25:35 PM »

No idea.   Could be multiple things.

Power problems can cause erractic SNRm and spiking which could trigger DLM.   
A power outage can cause oscillating SNRm with wont clear until a period of complete modem power down and restart.

Could there have even been an existing problem at the DSLAM which is why Openreach was there to fix it.
Without knowing when it started we are in the dark. 
I'm not sure if Plusnet can get data on the ILQ counter status but thought it was worth asking, as they might be able to. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2017, 07:27:22 PM »

Still no power around Madeley and cuckoo oak area. Using my mobile 4g for now. Say the Western power distribution online using mobile Internet via 4G on mobile

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2017, 08:08:29 PM »

Woah... whilst we would all love FTTH/FTTP the problem is cost.   No one else is willing to do so to all areas.   
Oddly the way Openreach is rolling out does make sense to me..  gradually they are getting closer to home to as many premises as they can.    Whilst its not immediate, IMHO its better than the alternative of just installing Fibre in the profitable areas and leaving the rest to dial up.    But thats a topic in itself.   There's a lot of history behind it.

Unfortunately the post I made here concerning a very relevant announcement today by BT that they are going to kill the copper network and go all fibre has been moved from here so you'll have to go and find it here now
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2017, 08:55:56 PM »

All electricity power now back on. Hope DLM won't act again! There is an engineer outside of the footpath nearby the fibre cabinet to do some work. That's probably spark the power cut off.

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 09:15:23 PM by adslmax »

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2017, 09:01:31 PM »

Nice email from dslwebstats to alert me

Hi adslmax

This is to let you know that a resync/restart occurred on your line at 20:45 on Monday 13th November 2017 local time (+/- 1 minute).

Reason: 0 Loss of Service

Current Downstream Sync Rate is now 73998kbps @ 10.4db SNRM. Attainable is 90751kbps
Current Upstream Sync Rate is now 20000kbps @ 14.1db SNRM. Attainable is  33173kbps
as measured at the time of this email.

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2017, 09:29:45 PM »

When I had the powercuts a few weeks back, prior to that I suspect a power line was interfering with the line as since they fixed it I'm back up to 73, up from 63.

Hopefully after the power is fixed maybe your line stability will come back.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2017, 09:31:38 PM »

I do hope so! I doubt it.

Before power cut:

Downstream   Upstream
Line attenuation (dB):     11.5      0.0
Signal attenuation (dB):   Not available on VDSL2      
Connection speed (kbps):   73998      20000

After power restored:

Downstream   Upstream
Line attenuation (dB):     11.4      0.0
Signal attenuation (dB):   Not available on VDSL2      
Connection speed (kbps):   73998      20000

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2017, 09:32:02 PM »

Unfortunately the post I made here concerning a very relevant announcement today by BT that they are going to kill the copper network and go all fibre has been moved from here so you'll have to go and find it here now

Thanks Tony, just read it now.   Lots hope it comes to fruition.
-----

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2017, 09:45:40 PM »

@ kitz I just checking billion sync rate and ran btw speedtest to fetch bras ip profile. That's doesn't make any sense? Between 73Meg and 68Meg (that's 5Meg loss from the profile of 96.69% to the sync rate? Rather confused.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2017, 09:46:41 PM »

It is looking likely that the 2 could be related.    As I said very early on in the thread power outages is something that we see trigger DLM.
It would be interesting to know why the engineer was at the cab a couple of days ago though.
According to the GEA results whatever it is has been happening for a few days. 

Ideally a wide area event should have stopped DLM intervention, but if it was only related to your cab rather than all Huawei cabs connected to your Head end exchange that could explain that.  We could theorise until the cows come home, but I doubt we shall know the facts. 
-----

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2017, 11:07:54 PM »

If 4,200 households were affected, then this wasn't something in the local distribution network, and highly unlikely to have been caused by an Openreach engineer.

According to this page on substations, a primary substation (33kV -> 11kV) is likely to serve 5k-30k premises, and seems the most likely area for a fault.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2017, 12:15:48 AM »

I had a look on the Western power site earlier, before his power came back up
https://www.westernpower.co.uk/Power-outages/Power-cuts-in-your-area/Power-Cut-Map.aspx

The status has now changed so I cant pull it up again, but I can recall for Max's area is that it said ETA clear time was 8pm and that the number of affected properties was something like 280 in TF7. 
Whilst I can't recall the exact figure, it was only a few hundred when I looked at about 7:30pm..   not 4.2k
-----
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9