Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: DLM changed my line profile  (Read 23448 times)

WWWombat

• Kitizen
Re: DLM changed my line profile
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2017, 05:44:54 PM »

Still on DLM. Nothing has changed yet.

Please see previous posts about patience.

Expect to be counting in multiple days, at the very minimum. It could be months. For some, over a year.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2017, 05:56:36 PM »

It could be months. For some, over a year.

This is disgrace of how BT system work. It's a cheat to the system. BT are happy to reduced your sync rate more quickly but leave it for a very long time to increase sync rate is a bloody joke.

It's should give a maximum of 2-4 days to restore it back if stable. Not months or year!

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2017, 06:00:37 PM »

Can't really decide something is 'stable' based on 2-4 days of stats.

If you weren't obsessively looking at the modem stats and/or speed testing you wouldn't even have noticed the change.

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2017, 07:14:44 PM »

Disgrace or not, is it worth working yourself into a lather over?

No matter how annoyed, frustrated and noisy you get, DLM will still plod along regardless.

Go out. Have a beer. Watch the rugby. The phone line will keep doing its thing

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2017, 12:46:33 PM »

This is disgrace of how BT system work. It's a cheat to the system. BT are happy to reduced your sync rate more quickly but leave it for a very long time to increase sync rate is a bloody joke.

It's should give a maximum of 2-4 days to restore it back if stable. Not months or year!

No it should not!   Jeeze max, slow down a bit and engage brain for a mo.   
There'd be thousands of lines all around the UK flapping about every few days if DLM was set up like that.  The complaints for line instability would come pouring in and ISPs and Openreach would be inundated.

From looking at your GEA results your line was behaving exceedingly badly for at least a day before the DLM took action.
What I find strange is that you never even noticed the line when it was behaving poorly, yet you are claiming you're noticing the loss of 6 Mbps from 80Mbps..  that does not make sense.

When my line starts acting up, I sure as heck do notice it...  surfing becomes painful.    I used to be able to sync at full 80Mbps for years..  had an attainable in excess of 110Mbps, yet now I can only sync at around 72Mbps...  or even worse 67Mbps when DLM gets a grip of it.   There's stuff all I can do other than sit and wait it out.   Last time it took 2 weeks.

However what concerns me is that you appear to be banded because your line lost sync 80 times in one day last week.
It's also bugging me that PN arent listening to the fact that your DLM data is old.   I'm not sure if they'll be able to do anything about it though...  you do need to sit tight a bit longer.
I will if I get chance go type something over there ... but no promises... because its hard work for me to type and I sure as hell will suffer for the next few days if I do too much.    First I have to deal with site stuff then I'll see if I can.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2017, 01:17:52 PM »

Loss sync 80 times in a day? How on earth that happen? I only swap between hub one and billion probably twice but did wait for 30 minutes before swap the modem over. More likely blamed on hub one with software version not updated properly and kept updated and rebooted plus the loss of power cut.

By the way I have to accepted DLM to wait for couple of weeks before DLM will removed banded on my line. But sadly plusnet fault team refused the line is banded. Saying in repeated times your line isn't banded. I just know that plusnet fault team is lied and can't be (two words removed) bothered.

[Moderator edited so as to conform with the family nature of this site.]
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 12:01:50 AM by burakkucat »

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2017, 01:39:35 PM »

The Plusnet support team are just going by what the test says and disregarding anything to the contrary. I wouldn't have thought it would make any difference to their willingness to send an engineer to do a DLM reset even if the test did say the profile was 0-74Mb. Unless they're going to have some weird policy of resetting any banding that's limiting the speed, but then they'd probably say that the banding isn't limiting the speed because the test says the downstream speed is 70.8.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2017, 06:01:11 PM »

If the line still banded after 4 weeks as of today. Then I have to placed an order to migrated away from useless PN to AAISP or Pulse8 and hopefully the new ISP will have DLM reset itself.

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2017, 07:48:14 PM »

If the line still banded after 4 weeks as of today. Then I have to placed an order to migrated away from useless PN to AAISP or Pulse8 and hopefully the new ISP will have DLM reset itself.

It will reset, though not necessarily the banding bit (might, depends), if either you change to 40/10 or 55/10 temporarily (which will probably reset the banding bit for sure), or if the backhaul changes (e.g. from BT's WBMC to say... GEA/LLU on TalkTalk which AAISP do if signing up for a terabyte package currently). AAISP hope to be introducing terabyte options for BT's backhaul soon however I believe, and a possible introduction of 1 month contracts on FTTC next year.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2017, 08:32:36 PM »

Not sure if changing product works with banding.   Didn't with William when he went for 40/10 to 55/10.  Not even sure about a straight forward BTw -> BTw migration :(

>> Then I have to placed an order to migrated away from useless PN to AAISP or Pulse8 and hopefully the new ISP will have DLM reset itself.

Curious why one min you blame the router, BT,  then DLM, now Plusnet are useless.   :-\
Whilst the GEA data they are getting is obviously out of date and it is annoying that they cant see that..   as above even if they did see it was banded I don't think they will be able to do anything about it.

The other ISPs you mention don't have the ability to request DLM reset either.   
Try Sky....  but I doubt they would because you I dont think you fall within the required specifications to put in a request.   Migrating to them though should cause a reset.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Iain

« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2017, 08:40:17 PM »

The other ISPs you mention don't have the ability to request DLM reset either.   
Try Sky....  but I doubt they would because you I dont think you fall within the required specifications to put in a request.   Migrating to them though should cause a reset.
Then look forward to the moans from the OP when they get hit with the cancelation charge due to moving away from a BTW supplied product  ::)

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2017, 03:35:06 PM »

Am I right, if the line is banding. DLM will never removed banding off? I heard someone saying it will never removed for a year or even move to another isp! :(

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2017, 04:09:24 PM »

lines shouldnt be recovering from banding automatically in just 2-3 days in my opinion max.

The system now is perhaps too conservative in that it can take a very long time, but what you need to remember from the provider's point of view, a slower line is better than a unstable line, the latter is by far more likely to generate complaints that require a resolution.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2017, 04:16:01 PM »

I know I don't expect it to happen in 2-3 days. But probably after 90 days!

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2017, 04:21:45 PM »

Am I right, if the line is banding. DLM will never removed banding off? I heard someone saying it will never removed for a year or even move to another isp! :(
It won't take days. It will more than likely take weeks or months for banding to be removed.

You would probably have lost more sync if interleaving were applied. Don't worry about it. Your line is stable and you achieve a reasonable sync speed. It's within the estimates for your line.

You need to stop obsessing about 6Mb of sync which you don't even notice. Looking at your ThinkBroadband BQM (which is almost flat) it looks like you never fully use your 74Mb sync anyway.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9