Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Price drops  (Read 2055 times)

Bestgear

Price drops
« on: November 11, 2017, 07:04:39 PM »

Hi

Not sure which section to post this (and I am in no way affiliated to any provider) but following the line rental price drop, there appear to be several providers about to change their FTTC prices from monday.

For example, Vodafone appear to be dropping to £20 per month for a 38/10 service (80/20 is £4 more) on an 18 month contract.... which to me is a bargain!

Voda offer a static IP (single, no ripe range) and no shaping or limits.

Hope that helps someone!

David

highpriest

• Reg Member
Re: Price drops
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 09:25:38 PM »

Saw a few posts on their forums from users having difficulty getting a static IP assigned to their connections. Vodafone customer service were not aware of their own policy for residential customers. I'm thinking of switching to them but Vodafone CS does worry me.
Zen | Zyxel VMG8324-B10A (with RFC4638 patch) | EdgeRouter PoE | UniFi AP AC Pro + Lite

Bestgear

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 08:18:39 AM »

Saw a few posts on their forums from users having difficulty getting a static IP assigned to their connections. Vodafone customer service were not aware of their own policy for residential customers. I'm thinking of switching to them but Vodafone CS does worry me.

Agreed, CS does seem patchy. I think VDF bought out the old Demon from memory and did they not offshore support in the end? That's probably the reason support is poor...and was one reason I left BT.

I will see what appears tomorrow, just need to find a good deal with someone other than Plusnet.

David

highpriest

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 11:46:18 AM »

Vodafone Black Friday deals are up. £20 for 38 Mbps and £25 for 76 Mbps on an 18 month commitment.

I contacted CS and inquired about IPv6. I went through an incredible 5 separate people in their technical support team who did not know what IPv6 was. Finally one of them spoke to someone else and confirmed that they do offer IPv6.

I'm very skeptical though - could a current subscriber check and confirm this please?
Zen | Zyxel VMG8324-B10A (with RFC4638 patch) | EdgeRouter PoE | UniFi AP AC Pro + Lite

Bestgear

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 11:57:18 AM »

Hi

I am surprised that more have not followed, but are likely to respond by black friday.

I subscribed to up my backup from adsl to fttc... but wont l know re ipV6 until installed (new line).

D

anything