Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: What does this mean?  (Read 1006 times)

shaun1264

What does this mean?
« on: November 10, 2017, 06:27:42 PM »

Recently ive been having trouble with slow speeds.  I disconnected the session over night and reconnected in the morning and the speed was restored. Im guessing that this was down to a stuck IP profile.  Before I tried this I got into contact with Plusnet who said there was a fault on my line after they did some tests.  Today they got back to me with this message. 

ECO+ :

Your fault has been diagnosed using the Knowledge Based Diagnostic Tool: We have identified the Customers Circuit was built on SVLAN experiencing high Utilisation. A Fix was deployed which should have resolved their performance fault. Please liaise directly with your customer.

If fault remains then an SFI will be required.

Does anyone know what the hell that actually means? There was no resync or any other change to my line. 

RealAleMadrid

• Reg Member
Re: What does this mean?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 06:37:42 PM »

It means the BT backhaul circuit (SVLAN) from your exchange was congested giving low speeds, particularly at peak times, usually early evening until around midnight on weekdays. You have been moved to a less busy SVLAN so should see better speeds. The change would not cause a resync as it is not related to your local connection to the FTTC cabinet ( I assume you are on FTTC)

shaun1264

Re: What does this mean?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 06:43:50 PM »

Many thanks for that.  It has made a positive difference with what they did. 

anything