Internet > Web Browsing & Email

Firefox V57 and onwards

(1/5) > >>

broadstairs:
I wonder how many people here currently use Firefox and how many of those are aware that the vast majority of add-ons will cease working from V57 and onwards? How many of the current users will move to other browsers and if so which ones?

Currently I still use Firefox but for me it will be crippled by the changes from V57 onwards. I am trying other browsers on Linux but so far not impressed by any. I dont like Chromiums layout (or Chrome for that matter) as the bookmarks are not in a convenient place in my opinion. I have tried Vivaldi which is not bad and I've downloaded Midori but not yet tested it. I also dont like Konqueror or Opera at all. I guess my problems stem from my customisation of Firefox and although I could live without some of the add-ons I'd find it problematic to live without just a few which provide backup/restore and mouse gestures.

I do feel Mozilla have shot themselves in the foot with the new design.

Stuart

jelv:
Simples: Options - Never check for updates (not recommended)

I wonder how many will do that?

Dray:
Isn't it just a case of using addons that work with v57+ ?

Ronski:
I'm aware but currently got my head stuck in the sand!

I don't use many customisations, I have 7 add-ons and 5 will be broken  :(

@Dray, yes and know, many developers are not going to write add-ons that are compatible with 57 onwards, it's far to much work, and so locked down that some could not be done anyway.

The biggest one I will miss is tab groups, but I think there may be some hope with that one.

PS. I don't seem to be able to turn updates off, the options are greyed out  :(

broadstairs:
Two of my biggest issues are mouse gestures and one called FEBE, the latter will die, not sure about the mouse one yet.

Stuart

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version