Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: New UK Land Access Changes Set to Boost Mobile and Broadband Cover  (Read 1051 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/10/new-uk-land-access-changes-set-boost-mobile-broadband-cover.html

The Government has today laid draft regulations in Parliament that revise the Electronic Communications Code (ECC) in order to make it easier and cheaper for network operators to roll-out new broadband and telecoms infrastructure (masts, cables etc.) on public and private land.

At present the way related land is valued means that utility providers (water, electricity etc.) often pay less for land access than broadband and mobile providers, which has become more of a problem now that many people regard the latter as being their 4th utility service; especially in rural areas where there’s a lot of wide open land for operators to go through.

Sadly many private land owners remain staunchly opposed to anything that would result in them having both less control over their land and / or reduced income from the rental paid by telecoms operators for allowing such access.

My opinion is they should be prepared to accept the lower price. I can understand Farmer's being miffed at not having as much money. But if thats the only extra money on the table then they should accept it.

Sadly in this country we've always been at the mercy of these large land owners. I don't mind that they have a lot of land. But they should be more accomodating to 'the people'.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2