Broadband Related > Broadband Technology

KCOM on Roadworks.org

(1/1)

WWWombat:
My mum is likely to get KCOM's Lightstream in 2-3 months, so I thought I'd take a look at what Roadworks.org had to say...

Nothing, unfortunately, for my mum. However, this picture stood out as booked roadworks for today... attached below. Nearly every road in a whole area!

Almost every marker is set over a 2 week period, for KCOM, and almost every one is marked "Clear Blockages". It is an interesting blanket approach, that must be agreed with the council.

The checker run on a sample of the streets reports that Lightstream will be available in Jan/Feb 2018 or Feb/Mar 2018..

burakkucat:
Very interesting. But I don't think anything significant can deduced about the physical infrastructure.  :-\

WWWombat:
I agree. In fact, I'd err on the side of labelling this as "precautionary".

It is certinly a contrast to the way we've seen BT do things, where they'd assume no blockage, and delay the work if a blockage turned up ... go through the roadworks planning phase, and call in a separate team a month later.

Of course, most of what we see BT do is oriented at spine and FTTC, rather than needing to blanket cover an area.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version