Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Thanks 'Ryanair'  (Read 2175 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Thanks 'Ryanair'
« on: October 14, 2017, 02:04:41 AM »

Thanks to Ryanair cancelling our flight 14hrs before we fly to hot sunny Murcia Spain we are now in Mevagissey Cornwall
They have refunded our flight but not refunded our car hire or insurance  >:D.
I hope to get more compensation and the cost of our forced holiday in cold Cornwall from them.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Thanks 'Ryanair'
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 08:53:37 AM »

Sorry to hear that, but on the bright side it's supposed to be getting warmer down south this week  :fingers:
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 11:07:33 AM »

I'm a man of my word and I vowed never to fly with them .... you know whats ..... ever again, after they stung me and the missus.

I understand why a family of 4/6/8 find them useable, but this latest fiasco has shown them to be what they are (or what the hierarchy are) ... money-grabbing tossers. Aaaaargh ..... I hate Ryanair passionately.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 01:35:15 PM »

The whole Ryanair thing is a right mess.    Strictly speaking they are supposed to stump up for an alternative flight with another airline if they cant accommodate you. Getting another flight to where you want to be in the same time frame isn't always easy especially now when Monarch have recently gone bust.  My SIL works for a UK airline and says that things were a bit chaotic last week with people trying to rebook alternative flights. :(

Ryanair being Ryanair aren't even telling people what they are legally entitled to.. nvm compensation.   No doubt you will be doing your own research but theres some guidelines here for starters.
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/sep/18/qa-why-is-ryanair-cancelling-flights-and-what-can-you-do

Hope you at least have a decent break in Cornwall and the weather isnt too bad.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 03:07:27 PM »

I'm a man of my word and I vowed never to fly with them .... you know whats ..... ever again, after they stung me and the missus.

I understand why a family of 4/6/8 find them useable, but this latest fiasco has shown them to be what they are (or what the hierarchy are) ... money-grabbing tossers. Aaaaargh ..... I hate Ryanair passionately.

Totally agree with your sentiments on Ryanair and I'am Irish.
However, recent quote on TV interview from Michael O'Leary when challanged about loosing future customers:
"my planes are full of passangers who swore they would never fly Ryanair again"
Time will tell, principles cost money and times are tough !
Vodafone FTTP 200/28, VF THG3000 Hub

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 12:26:36 AM »

We did not want to fly with them in the first place, as we live 20 minutes away from EMA (East Midlands Airport ) they were the only carriers who fly out to Murcia. :'(
We spent all Monday evening trying to get other flights, Ryanair offered none, all full.
I found a very nice apartment over looking the harbour in Mavagissey, we have been on some great walks and the weather is not bad for October.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 08:29:57 AM »

Cornwall is a lovely place with beautiful scenery. Sadly over the next 24 hours the weather is going rather downhill with ex-hurricane Ophelia on its way sending its strong winds over your area.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 09:02:16 AM »

Totally agree with your sentiments on Ryanair and I'am Irish.
However, recent quote on TV interview from Michael O'Leary when challanged about loosing future customers:
"my planes are full of passangers who swore they would never fly Ryanair again"
Time will tell, principles cost money and times are tough !

Yeah, I saw a clip of him on the news saying that, the totally arrogant pr1ck.

Thankfully, I'm in a position whereby I don't need to rely upon his company to get from A to B ... alas, there are thousands of families who do.  :rant:

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 01:42:16 PM »

With that short notice I believe you are entitled to €250 per person compensation (on top of your full refund).
Good luck, and enjoy lovely Cornwall. :fingers:
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 11:29:39 PM »

Need some winds to blow away the fog, One day left and we are thinking of going across to Newquay, one good thing the apartment has very good FTTC internet from HH5 Ping 15ms, Down = 45.96 Mbps, Up 18.46 Mbps that shows my 3 Mbps Down and 0.7 Mbps Up at home.