Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Thunderbirds are NO GO at the moment !!!!!  (Read 3851 times)

scottiesmum

Thunderbirds are NO GO at the moment !!!!!
« on: May 08, 2008, 08:20:50 AM »

I've been using Thunderbird  (free edition) quite happily for a while ....  yesterday I was advised of an update, the update box came up and started but didn't complete, I then had a notice saying that there had been an error, to open Thunderbird again and try again ..... this I did several times but to no avail.  I Googled to see if there was an issue with the new update and apparently there have been problems with this latest update ...... possible conflicts with AVG  .... Spybot...   and Logitech Webcam !    I have all these installed.    I disabled Spybot .  no difference....  my webcam does not come on automatically on start-up and apart from removing this completely (which I didn't) there was nothing to disable....  I then disabled AVG  ..  still no difference.   Thunderbird is shown in the Add/Remove section .....BUT the icon on my Quick Launch bar changed from the normal one to a white square with dark blue border ....when I clicked on this all I had was a Note Pad notice !!!  (no programme   :(  )    I cannot open Thunderbird from the Programme list ...  nothing happens !! I have therefore lost all my current emails  :-X :-X  (fortunately I used to use Outlook - but don't really like it) so I was able to retrieve some contacts.    Can anyone suggest how I might 'find' Thunderbird again  ???  and, more importantly,  all my messages !! :'(    I haven't kept a copy on the server !!)    I have since tried downloading the latest version of TB but when I start to install I get the following  ......

ERROR opeining file for writing:
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\mozmapi32.dll.

Many thanks for ANY assistance .....

EDIT ..     I've fixed it .....  !  Just in case anyone else has this problem ...  I transferred my  Webcam to another e-mail client and VOILA ! TB installed no problem and I have EVERYTHNG back ... phew !!      :)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 08:47:53 AM by scottiesmum »

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Thunderbirds are NO GO at the moment !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 08:57:28 AM »

Glad your sorted Kate. :).Theres nothing worse than loosing important data.Once lost all my free music files (my own fault for not backing up)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 09:33:15 AM »

Well done Kate, and thanks for sharing it. :)
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 10:07:53 AM »

Glad you got it sorted in the end :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything