Broadband Related > FTTC and FTTP Issues

Fibre Availabilty

(1/5) > >>

albert.shepherd:
I live on a fairly new estate and Openreach has said my cabinet cabuinet 9 servicing WA12 0AA is now live.
However when I try to order every supplier says that it is not available at my address.
When I check the other address's on my estate all the  checkers say they can supply fibre and when I ask the providers they all say they could proceed with an order at those address's.
I dont understand as the estate is a normal type estate. Literally the house next door 3 metres away built at exactly the same time can order fibre.
No service provider has been willing to investigate why this situation has arisen. They all comment that they do not understand but will not take on the problem.
Is there any organisation out there who can possibly throw some light on a solution to my problem?

WWWombat:
Ordinarily, you'd expect a new estate to be served by a coherent set of cabinets. It might be more than 1 cabinet, though, if cabs are running out of space and/or have insufficient capacity in the lines back to an exchange. So don't expect that everyone is on the same cabinet.

However, BT have been known to make a mistake in their line database, in ways that means it won't give you a VDSL2 estimate...
The biggest giveaway is that the BT Wholesale checker tells you that you are connected to the same cabinet as others nearby, where they get decent speeds, but your estimate only displays "VDSL multicast" as available.

Normally, this kind of mistake means a few houses together will not get an estimate (all the houses connected to the same DP - distribution point).

j0hn:
What does https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker show for your address? Including what cabinet it shows you being connected to.

renluop:
FWIW the OP's postcode in CodeLook is listed only 927 metres from the exchange. PCP 9 is showing as
--- Quote ---FTTC being Connected, live due by November 2017
--- End quote ---
, but WA12 0AA is missing from list

j0hn:
Odd numbers 11 - 31 in that street show VDSL Multicast available, but no VDSL estimates.

edit: also looks like lots of the addresses are duplicated if you only enter the postcode on the address finder and use the pull down tab to pick the address.

Database issues can be a pain to get fixed. I had to email the CEO of OpenReach after trying for 6 months via my ISP and the OpenReach fibre enquiries email. After emailing the CEO it was fixed within days. I recommend this option to people for obvious database errors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version