Broadband Related > FTTC and FTTP Issues

Line issues

(1/15) > >>

jt999:
Hi all,

I've been trying to read up more and more on DSL but to be honest, it's just very confusing to me  :'(

I used to get speeds of 50-60Mbps but went through a period earlier in the year where my line was dropping a lot and it got slower and slower. BT Openreach got involved and an engineer visited the cabinet to run a test, he found no faults but since then my line became stable (he insisted nothing had changed). It did recover a bit to around 20-25Mb, I then changed ISP to Zen, and whilst I'm happy with the service my line is still fairly slow (23Mb-ish). Can anyone take look at my line on MDWS (jt999) and tell me if I'm banded or any other reason I shouldn't return to a decentish speed?

I had a few power outages in the area a while back (August 17th, 22nd, and Sept 7th) which I assume caused the BT cabinet to reboot also, they are noticeable on the sync rate graphs as the short increases in speed after a power cut (I then rebooted the router each time as MDWS was saying my sync rate was higher than my attainable).

Many thanks
jt999

lee111s:
Doesn’t look to be banded.

23648kbps against an attainable of 26976.

What is the speed estimate for your line shown on BT Wholesale’s DSL checker?

Your attenuation of almosg 29dB would be about right for your current speeds.

jt999:

--- Quote from: lee111s on October 04, 2017, 12:15:55 PM ---Doesn’t look to be banded.

23648kbps against an attainable of 26976.

What is the speed estimate for your line shown on BT Wholesale’s DSL checker?

Your attenuation of almosg 29dB would be about right for your current speeds.

--- End quote ---

I've attached a screenshot of the checker as I ruined the formatting trying to paste! :)
Even the low for impacted seems higher than what I actually get, not sure what this really means though

lee111s:
Seems you need another engineer visit to find out what’s wrong.

Seems you should be getting quite considerably higher speeds.

jt999:

--- Quote from: lee111s on October 04, 2017, 12:59:40 PM ---Seems you need another engineer visit to find out what’s wrong.

Seems you should be getting quite considerably higher speeds.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, at least it's not just me going crazy then. I might give it another few weeks to see if any speed increases and then contact Zen to see if they can help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version