Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: VPN to UK Isp - how to do it  (Read 8259 times)

bigbig

• Just arrived
VPN to UK Isp - how to do it
« on: September 28, 2017, 02:27:36 PM »

Hello

first of all i'm not located in the uk. but i need isp ip in my home computer.
I need to reach web application that require uk ip.
Tried using few VPN's and proxy but it seems the web application blocking them somehow.
for now i'm using Team viewer to a VM on friend's house. but i'm looking for permanent solution.
of course i have no problem paying for this kind of service / solution.

Dray

• Kitizen
Re: VPN to UK Isp - how to do it
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 02:38:32 PM »

I need to reach web application that require uk ip.
What is the web application?

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 03:49:51 PM »

If your friend has a decent connection get him to setup a VPN for you and use that.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 03:53:14 PM by Ronski »
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

bigbig

• Just arrived
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 06:08:19 PM »

If your friend has a decent connection get him to setup a VPN for you and use that.

continue using his connection will not be possible anymore.
need someone else or direct connection to ISP or different solution i didn't think about.

psychopomp1

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 10:50:29 AM »

Two solutions for you OP:

Easy Peasy Solution

Buy a new standalone router which supports L2TP VPN authentication - vast majority do, eg Netgear. Plug that router into a free LAN port on your existing router overseas. Subscribe to a VPN service (i highly recommend vpn.ac its the connoisseur's choice  :P) and establish a new L2TP connection on the new router using your VPN credentials and a UK server address supplied by your VPN provider, eg uk1.vpn.ac. You will now get a UK IP address permanently provided all your devices are connected to the new router.

Not so easy Solution
If your existing router (eg Asus) supports OpenVPN or PPTP VPN routing then no need to buy a new router and you can route all your traffic within the router to your VPN (using a UK server of course).. However OpenVPN, whilst extremely secure, can be a pain to setup at router level and often you will find there's a severe speed loss. PPTP and L2TP have less overheads so will give you better speeds. IMHO L2TP is a good balance between speed v security, PPTP isn't that secure but is the fastest VPN protocol.

phi2008

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 10:56:24 AM »

Commercial VPN services often get their IPs blacklisted/tagged - sometimes for abuse, sometimes to enforce geo-fencing. Another alternative is to use a UK based VPS(Virtual Private Server) as a VPN server/proxy - less likely to get blacklisted and they're also cheap(£5/month?).

psychopomp1

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 01:39:22 PM »

I agree, IPs of VPNs can get blacklisted but from my experience its usually the free VPN services which get blacklisted due to the sheer number of users. Paid for VPN services keeps the freeloaders at bay so the risk is less. Having said that, a good VPN provider will give you an alternative (usually unadvertised) server address should you find their regular IP address blocked.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 01:59:48 PM »

agree with phi2008, get a vps, install your own vpn, far less likely to be a vpn tagged ip.

bigbig

• Just arrived
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 02:47:27 PM »

thank you guys for the suggestions.
already tried few paid VPN service with dedicated uk ip and didn't work. VPS might work but i'm afraid it will not last for long plus very difficult to configure by myself .
i think they are using this site http://getipintel.net to check the ip.
i read online about DD-WRT router. i think this can be good solution if someone have it.
anyone up to the task? (will be happy to pay for your internet bill and use my name for the bill if you worried)

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 02:52:25 PM »

What is the web application you want to use?

bigbig

• Just arrived
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 03:18:18 PM »

What is the web application you want to use?
it's irrelevant to the issue and prefer not say it over open forum.
of course all will be shown/explained on private if someone can help.

bigbig

• Just arrived
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2017, 03:30:46 PM »

It sounds like what you're trying to do is illegal, therefore reported
Thank you for your contribution for this issue. you are the real deal
as i suggested i have no problem that my name will be there for the bill or anything else

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2017, 03:47:50 PM »

Your offer to pay the ISP bills seems rather strange, when the monthly cost for the cheapest vdsl line is going to be £19.99 pm, when VPS can be obtained much cheaper.   
Nor do I recommend setting up a VPN for someone else who you do not know to use. Putting the bill in someone else's name is also very risky because its you that is going to be residing at the address of the fixed line, nvm sorting out things such as paying the direct debit via a bank account.

This site does not condone use of VPN for illegal purposes and as such this thread is locked.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2017, 08:04:36 PM »

OK.  The information supplied seems a plausible explanation.  I can see the OP is coming from where he says he is and he was more than willing to supply further evidence.

I can see why perhaps he may wish to continue visiting a site he previously was a member of, but which now blocks IPs from the country he is now in.
Its tricky and I don't intend to get mixed up in anything which would be considered illegal or even to defraud which is why I will not condone the suggestion of taking out a service in the name of another, because that IMHO is giving false information to obtain a service and therefore fraudulent.

I suspect the OPs only option would be to go for a VPS.

I will re-open this thread if anyone has anything further to add, but I will not and cannot condone taking out a line in someone else's name, nor any discussions of.   
It is also dangerous for anyone to set up a VPN on your own line for someone who you don't know and give them access because if they did do something wrong, then you could find yourself liable,  so I don't condone that either.
INAL and therefore don't fully understand something that even the country itself isn't totally clear on, but IMHO it could be dubious if money exchanged hands to access say for example a gaming site.

I don't know enough about VPN myself so if anyone has anything else they wish to add then feel free, but I recommend that you keep things open and above board to be on the safe side.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2017, 08:30:50 PM »

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/general/f/4566931-seeking-to-rent-remote-dsl-connection-in-uk.html

@Kitz for further information....Mr S over TBB deleted bigbig's post.

Ian
Pages: [1] 2

anything