Computers & Hardware > Networking

VPN to UK Isp - how to do it

(1/5) > >>

bigbig:
Hello

first of all i'm not located in the uk. but i need isp ip in my home computer.
I need to reach web application that require uk ip.
Tried using few VPN's and proxy but it seems the web application blocking them somehow.
for now i'm using Team viewer to a VM on friend's house. but i'm looking for permanent solution.
of course i have no problem paying for this kind of service / solution.

Dray:

--- Quote from: bigbig on September 28, 2017, 02:27:36 PM ---I need to reach web application that require uk ip.

--- End quote ---
What is the web application?

Ronski:
If your friend has a decent connection get him to setup a VPN for you and use that.

bigbig:

--- Quote from: Ronski on September 28, 2017, 03:49:51 PM ---If your friend has a decent connection get him to setup a VPN for you and use that.

--- End quote ---

continue using his connection will not be possible anymore.
need someone else or direct connection to ISP or different solution i didn't think about.

psychopomp1:
Two solutions for you OP:

Easy Peasy Solution

Buy a new standalone router which supports L2TP VPN authentication - vast majority do, eg Netgear. Plug that router into a free LAN port on your existing router overseas. Subscribe to a VPN service (i highly recommend vpn.ac its the connoisseur's choice  :P) and establish a new L2TP connection on the new router using your VPN credentials and a UK server address supplied by your VPN provider, eg uk1.vpn.ac. You will now get a UK IP address permanently provided all your devices are connected to the new router.

Not so easy Solution
If your existing router (eg Asus) supports OpenVPN or PPTP VPN routing then no need to buy a new router and you can route all your traffic within the router to your VPN (using a UK server of course).. However OpenVPN, whilst extremely secure, can be a pain to setup at router level and often you will find there's a severe speed loss. PPTP and L2TP have less overheads so will give you better speeds. IMHO L2TP is a good balance between speed v security, PPTP isn't that secure but is the fastest VPN protocol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version