Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Weird Noise/ES pattern, from 4PM to 7AM consistent during last 4 days  (Read 5639 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Weird Noise/ES pattern, from 4PM to 7AM consistent during last 4 days
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 11:58:41 PM »

Just had another thought which may be worth a try.   We don't have sufficient history data to know how the line normally performs.. 
... but that slight oscillating SNRM could perhaps have been invoked after a remote sync.   Therefore it may be worthwhile trying to period of downtime which can sometimes clear it.

Don't think it will do anything for the QLN, but it will at least eliminate one possible cause ... and give us a fresh QLN graph to compare.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

raislander

Re: Weird Noise/ES pattern, from 4PM to 7AM consistent during last 4 days
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 12:43:42 PM »

Hi guys, sorry I've been busy and couldn't get into this issue again.

Thanks a lot for all your replies. Really appreciated the help here.

About the questions of being non-UK member or not, yes I'm in the UK. The line is in Waltham Abbey (EN9).

I haven't seen any particular lights flickering or something like that, but I will try to check. I've notice some works overnight from Thames Water, which are going close to the cabinet, but don't know if that might be affecting.

Attached are new QLN and ES for the last few days. Important to say, the line had come down in the number of errors a bit during last two days, and yesterday night I had a new resync from the DLM, and I went back to low SNRM on the US, don't think this would affect but maybe it's worth to mention.
Pages: 1 [2]