Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Line Fixed But Interleaved/Banded?  (Read 1714 times)

ktz392837

• Reg Member
Line Fixed But Interleaved/Banded?
« on: November 03, 2017, 05:33:55 PM »

I had a problem with my line for a couple of weeks.  This should have been fixed now but obviously interleaving and perhaps banding has been gradually applied more and more over these two weeks whilst the problem has been fixed. 

Should the DLM fix the line automatically? 

If the number of ES are low per day what would the normal timescales be to see some initial reduction in the interleave levels?

Thanks

Ixel

• Kitizen
Re: Line Fixed But Interleaved/Banded?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 06:11:39 PM »

Timescales can vary, from days to weeks depending on the history (number of previous interventions by DLM). The line must within the ES and re-sync 'green' threshold constantly, if there's a gap where a day ends up being 'amber' then it will just reset the time before DLM 'relaxes' the restrictions imposed I believe.

Interleaving is usually fairly easy to remove, banding often gets stuck though.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 06:28:43 PM »

Dlm did not remove interleaving on my line for 5 weeks following a fault which resulted in the loss of fast path. After 5 weeks of green/ no errors  I applied a manual cap on the ds. 8 days after back to fast path. Rebooted modem which then put my sync back up. If you are banded then I doubt the manual cap would resolve that but it could help get rid of interleaving and delay perhaps if you want to be fast path again.

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 07:16:52 PM »

I will be able to check if banded the next time it resyncs.  I assume if it connects at exactly the same speed I am banded.  If I get a different sync I am not banded?

Does anyone know if when interleave/delay/inp is applied it causes spread between actual and attainable syncs? Eg Actual sync=34000 attainable sync=39000 even though db≠5.9db

So when interleave is reduced my sync speed should start to recover some of the lost attainable?

Thanks

Edit: typos
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 07:32:12 PM by ktz392837 »

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 07:26:14 PM »

FEC+Interleaving tends to make the max attainable an unrealistic too high value. When the FEC+Interleaving is reduced or removed, the max attainable will be more realistic (probably lower).

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 07:31:13 PM »

I will see what happens overnight hopefully the DLM will do something in a positive direction.  Thanks

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 09:48:09 PM »

I will see what happens overnight hopefully the DLM will do something in a positive direction.  Thanks

Bear in mind DLM doesn't always make changes during the night now, which is a little annoying. It used to be that way a while back but not anymore. I was in a competitive match earlier today (Overwatch) and DLM interrupted it, that could've resulted in my team losing but thankfully it didn't.

anything