Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Possible rein issue.Help with dslsats graphs..?  (Read 16936 times)

slinkywonka

Possible rein issue.Help with dslsats graphs..?
« on: September 22, 2017, 10:02:14 PM »

Long story short,talk talk fibre broadband,hg633 router,intermittent 1 minutes sometimes 2 minutes connection drops,router always reconnects,lights stay green on router.Been happening for over a month,had a bt engineer test line,no issue when tested suggested a rein fault.

Google the hell out of rein.Try radio at 612 to track rein.No joy.Installed dsl stats using a netgear d6400 router.Have graphs for today from late afternoon.No clue what they mean.Help.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Possible rein issue.Help with dslsats graphs..?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 10:16:43 PM »

Welcome to the kitz forum. :)

Everything is clearly very new to you, so the first thing I'll suggest you do is to configure the graphs on DSLstats for 4096 sub-carriers (numbered from 0 to 4095) so that the data is not compressed at the left hand end of the X-axis.

From the three plots you have shown there is not a lot that can be currently deduced. However I can say, from the QLN plot, that your circuit was not subject to any excessive RFI as the modem & DSLAM "trained up" following synchronisation. The Bitloading plot shows that the entire US1 band has low bit loading but the reason is not obvious. The DS1 band shows the classic notch as a result of power back-off and that is not abnormal.

I would be inclined to suspect the provided Huawei HG633 modem/router and the most obvious test would be to temporarily use a different device.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

slinkywonka

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 06:00:49 AM »

I cant find the setting to adjust carriers?

slinkywonka

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 06:04:14 AM »

Also the router i am using now is a netgear d6400

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 07:24:11 AM »

I cant find the setting to adjust carriers?

Under all the graphs which have Tone number on the X axis, there's a button labelled "Change tone range". Click on this, then set the option to "Custom" and use the slider to adjust the tone range as required. You only have to do this once, as it applies to all the graphs of that type.
  Eric

slinkywonka

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 02:44:56 PM »

These are from today.Had  drop in connection at the following times:

7.30am 2 mins
9.27am  2 mins
14.10pm 1 min

Lights on router stayed green as usual.

slinkywonka

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 02:48:05 PM »

a bit more

slinkywonka

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 02:49:16 PM »

Fec errors per hour average 178.

Is that bad?

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 03:02:02 PM »

No, FEC's are corrected errors, so nothing to worry about.

slinkywonka

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2017, 03:06:27 PM »

I can see nothing that helps me correlate anything with the times that my connection went off.I ditched the hg633 and bought a netgear d6400 thinking it would help but it hasnt.

Would getting a better router than the d6400 help? Doing my head in now! Am on the verge of leaving talk talk i am expecting a call from a manager at some point as my complaint has been escalated.I just didnt know if it was something in my house causing this.Ony thing i havent tried switching off overnight is the boiler.

slinkywonka

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2017, 03:07:54 PM »

Was looking at a tp link ac2600 they any good? Its a modem and router combo.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2017, 03:15:16 PM »

Can you register on MyDSLWebStats here
https://www.mydslwebstats.co.uk/mdws-rg.php

and fill in the provided username and validation key on the MyDSLWebStats tab in the DslStats program.

It lets us see all the graphs better as you're missing half the tones from all your attachments.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

slinkywonka

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2017, 03:38:04 PM »

All done.Should now be uploading stats.I shall be donating too  ;)

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2017, 04:26:40 PM »

Long story short,talk talk fibre broadband,hg633 router,intermittent 1 minutes sometimes 2 minutes connection drops,router always reconnects,lights stay green on router.Been happening for over a month,had a bt engineer test line,no issue when tested suggested a rein fault.
Is the problem only over wireless?

slinkywonka

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2017, 04:56:19 PM »

Is the problem only over wireless?
It is both wired and wireless.My ps4 is wired and my youview box is wired.Son has a wii u console upstairs on 2.4 wifi,i have a phone and a tablet on 5ghz wifi.Laptop,wifes phone,ipod touch all on 2.4 wifi.

I left laptop connected up before bed one night by ethernet and turned wifi off by the button on router and left a network monitor running.I had 4 dropped connections during the night at seemingly random times.

Its a real headscratcher.

Am on a terraced street downloaded a wifi analyser and tried changing wifi channel to one different to neighbours but it looks like they have theirs set to auto so it keeps changing.Can a wifi issue affect a wired connection? Surely if the wifi button is off on router it cant affect it?

Bt engineer said it could be rein and said he will send someone.Talk talk tell me his report said wifi intermittent issue with no rein fault discovered.What a joke,i told him it was wired and wifi and he didnt have any tools to detect rein,he asked if i had a medium wave radio but i didnt at the time,inhave sinve got a portable one from argos.The thing in the house that makes the most noise when i hold radio near it is my sons lcd tv but even with that unplugged the issue still happened..

Heres a shot of my wifi analyser showing all other wifi signals around me.Mine is netgear24,i assume the talk talk one is my neighbours.It looks very busy to me what do you all think?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 05:11:10 PM by slinkywonka »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6