Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cisco VDSL2 Modem RV134W  (Read 16064 times)

smf22

Re: Cisco VDSL2 Modem RV134W
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2017, 07:00:53 AM »

From the Cisco Administration Guide:

Your device supports two user accounts for administering and viewing settings: an administrative user (default user name and password: cisco) and a guest user
(default user name: guest).

I presume you're logging in as the admin user?

Thank you. Quite pricey and above what I would be prepared to pay.  :o

That's Cisco. So I can't tempt you with one of their 8GB memory upgrades at $4,000.  :'(
BT FTTC 80/20 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A bridge mode + Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X

Dad-Of-5

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2017, 07:38:09 AM »

yep I was aware of two user accounts from instructions and I definitely use admin account, i've never attempted to use guest account.

All in all a shame.

any advice on a broadcom based modem with strong vpn features and option to run full bridge mode incase I eve need it. Bridge mode option eliminates asus on official firmware unless 3rd prty firmware offers bridging only as an option?. wifi capabilities are not a must. would like to avoid billion if possible....
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 08:21:32 AM by Dad-Of-5 »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2017, 10:49:13 PM »

One last quick test would be to try invoking shell from the CLI prompt . . . just in case.

That's Cisco. So I can't tempt you with one of their 8GB memory upgrades at $4,000.  :'(

No, thank you.  :o
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Dad-Of-5

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2017, 10:11:17 AM »

tried and nope, comes up bad command.

I'm boxing it up sunday...

is there anything modem wise that comes close to Draytek but with broadcom? I know chipsets shouldn't matter in this day and age however  withrespect to my line, I have definitely noticed better performance on broadcom chipset and ours is a Huawei FTTC with BDCM....

I work from home and travel quite a bit overseas with work so robust VPN is a must. I also need to manage the household..... like I said 5 kids 1 wife yikes....

« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 10:16:03 AM by Dad-Of-5 »

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2017, 10:36:04 AM »

is there anything modem wise that comes close to Draytek but with broadcom? I know chipsets shouldn't matter in this day and age however  withrespect to my line, I have definitely noticed better performance on broadcom chipset and ours is a Huawei FTTC with BDCM....
Do you actually mean "combined modem/router"?
I work from home and travel quite a bit overseas with work so robust VPN is a must.
You mean a VPN to allow you to "dial-in" to your home network?

Dad-Of-5

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2017, 01:08:23 PM »

Do you actually mean "combined modem/router"?You mean a VPN to allow you to "dial-in" to your home network?

Hi Dray,
Yes combined modem/router not really too bothered in its wifi capabilities as I will be running with eero mesh behind it for (family) wifi. I would need modem/router to handle the VPN tunnels and allow me to dial in and it would need to be able to connect a network drive.....

smf22

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2017, 01:10:19 PM »

tried and nope, comes up bad command.

I'm boxing it up sunday...

If you still have the router connected perhaps you might indulge a little further. Among many other commands the router also supports the dumpmdm command:

Code: [Select]
root@lampu:/mnt# ls bin
acs_cli            date           ethctl       lldpcli      openl2tpd      send_syslog_mail  udpecho
acsd               ddnsd          ethswctl     lldpd        openssl        setkey            umount
adsl               deluser        false        ln           ping           setmem            uname
adslctl            df             false_httpd  ls           ping6          sh                upnp
arl                dhclient       fap          mailmonitor  pluto          sleep             urlfilterd
arlctl             dhcp6d         fapctl       mcp          pppd           smd               usbcheck
ash                dhcpc          fc           mcpctl       pppoe-relay    sntp              usb_modeswitch
attached_devices   dhcpd          fcctl        mcpd         pptp           spu               usleep
avahi-daemon       dmesg          grep         mdkshell     ps             spuctl            vlanctl
bash               dnsproxy       hotplug      mdm          psp            sshd              wan_recovery
bcm_boot_launcher  dnsspoof       htpasswd     meminfo      pwd            ssk               wl
bpm                dropbear       httpd        mkdir        pwr            stress            wlctl
bpmctl             dropbearkey    http_get     mknod        pwrctl         stty              wlevt
brctl              dropbearmulti  ip           mount        racoon         swmdk             wlmngr
busybox            dsldiagd       ip6tables    mroute       radvd          sync              wlschd
buttonmonitor      dumpcfg        ipsec        mv           radvd_test     tc                wl_server
cat                dumpeid        iptables     nas          rastatus6      tcpdump           wl_server_socket
chmod              dumpmdm        iq           nas4not      rawSocketTest  telnetd           wps_monitor
clicmds            dumpmem        iqctl        nbsrelay     ripd           touch             xdslctl
conntrack          eapd           kill         netstat      ripngd         tr69c             xtables-multi
consoled           ebtables       led_all      nptest       rm             traffic_meter     xtm
cp                 echo           ledctl       nvram        sed            true              xtmctl
c_rehash           epi_ttcp       lld2d        nvramUpdate  send_cms_msg   udhcpd            zebra

root@lampu:/mnt# ls sbin
bcrelay  depmod  fdisk  hotplug   init    klogd    modprobe  pppd2    pppstats  pptpd   rmmod  sysinfo  vconfig
chat     ethctl  halt   ifconfig  insmod  logread  poweroff  pppdump  pptpctrl  reboot  route  syslogd

It was found by @highpriest in the thread VMG8924-B10A unbranded supervisor password that the ZyXel routers dumped the 'supervisor' user password when this command was run. On the ZyXel, when logging in as supervisor, the 'sh' command then becomes available. Does the dumpmdm command work on the Cisco, if that so, is it the same as the ZyXel and dumps usernames and passwords?
BT FTTC 80/20 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A bridge mode + Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X

Dad-Of-5

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2017, 01:58:44 PM »

will try tonight

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2017, 09:32:31 PM »

If you still have the router connected perhaps you might indulge a little further. Among many other commands the router also supports the dumpmdm command:

Code: [Select]
root@lampu:/mnt# ls bin
acs_cli            date           ethctl       lldpcli      openl2tpd      send_syslog_mail  udpecho
acsd               ddnsd          ethswctl     lldpd        openssl        setkey            umount
adsl               deluser        false        ln           ping           setmem            uname
adslctl            df             false_httpd  ls           ping6          sh                upnp
arl                dhclient       fap          mailmonitor  pluto          sleep             urlfilterd
arlctl             dhcp6d         fapctl       mcp          pppd           smd               usbcheck
ash                dhcpc          fc           mcpctl       pppoe-relay    sntp              usb_modeswitch
attached_devices   dhcpd          fcctl        mcpd         pptp           spu               usleep
avahi-daemon       dmesg          grep         mdkshell     ps             spuctl            vlanctl
bash               dnsproxy       hotplug      mdm          psp            sshd              wan_recovery
bcm_boot_launcher  dnsspoof       htpasswd     meminfo      pwd            ssk               wl
bpm                dropbear       httpd        mkdir        pwr            stress            wlctl
bpmctl             dropbearkey    http_get     mknod        pwrctl         stty              wlevt
brctl              dropbearmulti  ip           mount        racoon         swmdk             wlmngr
busybox            dsldiagd       ip6tables    mroute       radvd          sync              wlschd
buttonmonitor      dumpcfg        ipsec        mv           radvd_test     tc                wl_server
cat                dumpeid        iptables     nas          rastatus6      tcpdump           wl_server_socket
chmod              dumpmdm        iq           nas4not      rawSocketTest  telnetd           wps_monitor
clicmds            dumpmem        iqctl        nbsrelay     ripd           touch             xdslctl
conntrack          eapd           kill         netstat      ripngd         tr69c             xtables-multi
consoled           ebtables       led_all      nptest       rm             traffic_meter     xtm
cp                 echo           ledctl       nvram        sed            true              xtmctl
c_rehash           epi_ttcp       lld2d        nvramUpdate  send_cms_msg   udhcpd            zebra

root@lampu:/mnt# ls sbin
bcrelay  depmod  fdisk  hotplug   init    klogd    modprobe  pppd2    pppstats  pptpd   rmmod  sysinfo  vconfig
chat     ethctl  halt   ifconfig  insmod  logread  poweroff  pppdump  pptpctrl  reboot  route  syslogd

But surely that relies upon first gaining access to the Busybox shell:-\
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

smf22

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2017, 08:08:45 AM »

Most likely, but wondered whether some of those commands were hidden but available directly via the Cisco CLI before getting to the shell. So in the same way that in the ZyXel commands such as brctl and ifconfig are not displayed when entering help, but can still be executed from the ZyXel CLI.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 09:29:09 AM by smf22 »

Iam_TJ

• Reg Member
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2017, 11:24:06 PM »

If you want to explore the firmware in more depth I've converted the JFFS2 to little-endian (for Intel/AMD x86 based systems), extracted the root file-system and made it browsable online on my web-site as well as downloadable as a TAR archive.

I've also included a mount.sh shell script for Linux PCs to enable direct local mounting of the RV134W.le.jffs2 image. The script is commented so it should be easy enough to figure out.

You'll see it does include the /bin/xdslctl program.

ste91

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2020, 04:17:02 PM »

Anyone know if the latest firmware for this unit has a page showing the dsl stats added in?
Pages: 1 [2]