Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Contract up soon  (Read 1685 times)

Tuhkah

Contract up soon
« on: September 08, 2017, 11:27:56 PM »

Considering trying Origin Broadband after my BT contract is up in a week or so but they seem to have got an increased amount of negative reviews this year.
Anybody here with them? or have experience with them?

My line is rubbish, so it doesn't really matter who I go with. Just down to price. I'd prefer to stick to BTw though.

Have previously been with Plusnet, who I'm considering again but they had massive routing issues the last time I was with them.
Vodafone FTTC 80/20 ECI Cab - Zyxel VMG3925-B10B

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Contract up soon
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 07:27:50 AM »

If pricing is the key driver ............. Sky have just announced lower tariffs. My son has just signed up with Talk Talk, who are cheap if you enter into a longer than usual contract with them, or so it would appear.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 08:37:39 AM »

I have been with TalkTalk for some years now and although they can be a little difficult some times with technical issues I dont think they are any worse than most others. Always use their community forum for issues rather than phoning them. I think they have an offer on at present for their 40Mbps service.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

cliver

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 01:15:08 PM »

So far I've been Talk Talk, BT and now just about to try Plusnet. To be honest they all seem much of a muchness to me. So it goes mostly on price for me.
As an aside, it's worth looking at some of the cash back sites as well. You get the same deals with cash back on top. I'm with top cashback but they all offer similar deals. It's money for nothing.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

anything