Broadband Related > ISPs

Advice please.

(1/3) > >>

Black Sheep:
Hi all.

You guys have your ear to the ground with this sort of stuff, could I ask (on behalf of my son) what your advice would be ??

He has just moved into a new apartment and for the first time in his life, he wants to purchase FTTC broadband. As such, he is not in any contract with any ISP's. He doesn't have that much surplus cash left over when all the bills are paid, so of course that has to be a consideration.

As a single bloke, all he's going to be using it for is on-line gaming and streaming TV. Where he lives is all new work, and the Cab is literally 300mtrs away.

With all things considered, who would you guys suggest he throws his hat in the ring with ?? Bearing in mind his Dad is a wannabe OR engineer, who might be able to sort any future issues out he may encounter (ie: Hr's etc) without the need of going through the official channels  ;) :) :).

Any and all serious input, welcomed.  :)

burakkucat:
As someone who still uses G.992.3 (and none of this "new" G.993.2 stuff), I'll suggest that the Junior Sheep considers TalkTalk.

licquorice:

--- Quote from: burakkucat on September 03, 2017, 03:58:55 PM ---I'll suggest that the Junior Sheep considers TalkTalk.

--- End quote ---

Would that be lamb  :)

Black Sheep:

--- Quote from: burakkucat on September 03, 2017, 03:58:55 PM ---As someone who still uses G.992.3 (and none of this "new" G.993.2 stuff), I'll suggest that the Junior Sheep considers TalkTalk.

--- End quote ---

Ha ha ....... thank you for your input Mr Cat and would you Adam & Eve it ...... my missus has just this minute ordered the TT package at £25 per month on the 40/10Mps service. Free set-up as well. Not that this counts in my sons case as I will be having the job pinned to myself on the day.

I quite like the thought of calling him 'Lamb', Licq .......   ;D ;D ;D ;D ...... but fear I would be on the sharp-end of a left jab ...... he's boxed since the age of 5yrs.  :-\ ;D ;D

NewtronStar:
Hmm with so many to choose from these days it ain't easy, though if money is the decider then a look at ISP Review will help http://www.ispreview.co.uk/

A 40/10 service will do gaming and streaming internet TV fine and extra fiver for 80/20 both being unlimited, I would stay away from BT AA ZEN and SKY is just to expensive.

So Talktalk looks good to me and stay away from Vodafone it still stings  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version