Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: fttp/h  (Read 2513 times)

nicey1958

• Just arrived
fttp/h
« on: September 21, 2017, 05:12:52 PM »

Openreach appeared on the Close a few weeks ago and have put fibre into the traps outside the houses, informing me that we would be trialling fttp on the estate because we get a very slow BB connection. Do you have too go through an order process before they put fibre from the trap to your house or do openreach just do it as part of the install?. Also has anyone experienced as to how long from this stage does it take too get connected or is that  a 'piece of string how long :-)'
cheers
Geoff.

RealAleMadrid

• Reg Member
Re: fttp/h
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 06:45:57 PM »

You will have to order it from your ISP if and when it shows on the BT checker and a lot of them don't offer it. You won't get a fibre to your house until they install the service. As for timescales, nobody knows, least of all Openreach it seems, could be weeks, months etc. :)

nicey1958

• Just arrived
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 08:32:04 AM »

Thanks.. maybe I will see the day when downloads are in minutes rather than days... :)

stevebrass

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 09:15:54 AM »

The BT availability checker shows FTTP available for my line. What does available mean? AFAIK my only BT connection is the copper line. 
Netgear Orbi; BT FTTP with Smart Hub 2

lee111s

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 09:29:26 AM »

The BT availability checker shows FTTP available for my line. What does available mean? AFAIK my only BT connection is the copper line.

Post up a screenshot of the Wholesale DSL checker.

stevebrass

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 10:08:17 AM »

Here we go
Netgear Orbi; BT FTTP with Smart Hub 2

RealAleMadrid

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 10:14:23 AM »

That's showing FTTP on Demand which is aimed at business use. Costs thousands to install and has a 3 year contract at around £300 a month (some suppliers may be offering it at lower prices recently) but still very expensive. What you want to see is WBC FTTP in the left hand column of the checker.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 10:43:46 AM »

Here we go
As mentioned that's FTTP on demand. Shows available for most users now.
Costs thousands to get fibre installed to the property, 3 year contract and only available to business's as consumers aren't allowed to sign up to 3 year terms with ISP's.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

nicey1958

• Just arrived
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 06:52:01 PM »

Thanks.. maybe I will see the day when downloads are in minutes rather than days... :)

well maybe i wont judging by how many cups of tea they are drinking and group hugs and chats they are having :-) per day

anything