Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: G.INP finally enabled!  (Read 7774 times)

ejs

• Kitizen
Re: G.INP finally enabled!
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2017, 06:50:22 PM »

I'm not sure if it's possible to determine that from the available stats. Maybe an INP value significantly higher than what it was before (on Re-Tx low), although the INP value does tend to vary slightly with each re-connection anyway. Possibly INPRein >= 1 on Bearer 0. Some of the earliest stats from when retransmission was first introduced had B0 INPRein = 1.00, but perhaps later it became more common for B0 INPRein = 0.00 on Retransmission Low. The table in BT SIN 498 detailing the parameters of the retransmission profiles says INPMIN_REIN_RTX is 1 for all the retransmission profiles, although NICC document ND1436 gives INPMIN_REIN_RTX=1 for the higher retransmission profile and INPMIN_REIN_RTX=0 for the lower retransmission profile.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2017, 05:45:41 PM »

Posted this on another thread but relevant to ejs last post here...
I'm not sure if it's possible to determine that from the available stats. Maybe an INP value significantly higher than what it was before (on Re-Tx low), although the INP value does tend to vary slightly with each re-connection anyway. Possibly INPRein >= 1 on Bearer 0. Some of the earliest stats from when retransmission was first introduced had B0 INPRein = 1.00, but perhaps later it became more common for B0 INPRein = 0.00 on Retransmission Low.
I'm of the opinion this might be right.
Going by my last 5 or 6 resyncs, anytime I have had Bearer 0: INPRein: 0 - I have had an IP profile matching that of retransmittion low.
When I have had Bearer 0: INPRein: 1 - I have had an IP profile matching that of retransmittion high.

DLM is trying my line on a 5dB profile again. It's 11 days after it reverted back to 6dB, so a similar pattern to how DLM changes between fastpath/interleaving.
DLM resynced the line at 17:14, by far the latest I've ever seen.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2017, 06:58:48 PM »

You happy with it flapping between different noise margins?

Seems this snrm system is prone to flapping.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2017, 08:24:11 AM »

You happy with it flapping between different noise margins?

Seems this snrm system is prone to flapping.
Seems there's usually 2 or 3 days between dropping/raising the target. It didn't retry 5dB target for 10-11 days, similar to retrying fastpath after interleaving has been applied.

DLM put me in 3dB this morning. It's taken me from 42Mb (6dB) to 49.5Mb (3dB). Pretty good implementation if you ask me.

edit: 51.1Mb
almost back to my day 1 sync, with no crosstalk
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 11:23:21 PM by j0hn »

lee111s

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2017, 09:20:26 AM »

Retransmission high so an IP profile of ~91%?

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2017, 11:13:40 AM »

92.4%
retransmission high yes

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2017, 11:17:27 AM »

Mine is 92.63%
Retransmission high

lee111s

• Reg Member
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2017, 12:01:53 PM »

Mine is 91.94% on 3db

77884 sync with a 71.61mpbs IP profile.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2017, 12:54:36 PM »

Seems there's usually 2 or 3 days between dropping/raising the target. It didn't retry 5dB target for 10-11 days, similar to retrying fastpath after interleaving has been applied.

DLM put me in 3dB this morning. It's taken me from 42Mb (6dB) to 49.5Mb (3dB). Pretty good implementation if you ask me.

its still flapping if its a 2 week gap.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2017, 04:50:59 PM »

When it doesn't "flap", it's a stuck profile.
It's Dynamic Line Management, it's surely supposed to change. A resync takes less than a minute.
I see no difference between a line changing from fastpath to interleaving, or a line gong from 6dB to 5dB. It's designed to gradually remove INP/banding when a line is stable so sensible to gradually lower the target snrm dB when a line is stable.

If it works like the rest of the DLM (it looks like it does) then if 5dB was rejected again it shouldn't try it again for 20 days (using the assumed "doubler" method).

Whatever instability was picked up last time (5dB lasted 1 day and reverted to 6dB with upstream retx) isn't there this time round. The line has continued on to 3dB. If it didn't try again (or "flap" as you put it) then I'd be 7Mb worse off right now. Excellent implementation imo.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2017, 07:24:02 PM »

The key word, perhaps, is hysteresis:-\
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2017, 01:28:50 PM »

btw slightly off topic but talking of DLM.   The 21CN DLM system is getting a major overhaul - or rather was - as it was scheduled for work to take place this w/e but has been cancelled.

For the sake of clarity, when BTw say DLM System they mean the hardware side and any software running on the system.  In this particular case it looks like new RAMBO boxes.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 [2]